By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 9th February 2013 (Global Software added)

Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:

Conegamer said:

20% down YoY is not "great", and if it continues, would put it at around 3 mil less than your prediction which you linked yesterday.

I have a plan

Price cut... GoW, TLoU, Beyond, GTA, BioShock, CoD, FIFA, etc.

Because clearly games are boosting sales so far. Dead Space 3 didn't stop it from falling. I know it ain't huge, but it's bigger that Beyond probably and around the same as Bioshock no doubt. And CoD/FIFA happen every year, so surely it'll have helped last year as much as this one?

Beyond is an exclusive though. I think the potential of this as a system seller will come down to the reviews.

Bioshock is much bigger than Dead Space though. Not saying it will push systems, but it'll keep people playing their PS3/360.

You're right about COD/FIFA though.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:

Conegamer said:

20% down YoY is not "great", and if it continues, would put it at around 3 mil less than your prediction which you linked yesterday.

I have a plan

Because clearly games are boosting sales so far. Dead Space 3 didn't stop it from falling. I know it ain't huge, but it's bigger that Beyond probably and around the same as Bioshock no doubt. And CoD/FIFA happen every year, so surely it'll have helped last year as much as this one?

Beyond is an exclusive though. I think the potential of this as a system seller will come down to the reviews.

Bioshock is much bigger than Dead Space though. Not saying it will push systems, but it'll keep people playing their PS3/360.

7 years down the line if you haven't bought a PS3 yet Beyond ain't gonna be the game that makes you get one. On that list maybe TLOU could be that game... that's the only one I see with system-selling potential (still not much).

Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:

Conegamer said:

I have a plan

one price cut will be enough and you know it. 

Andrespetmonkey said:
VGKing said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:

Conegamer said:

I have a plan

7 years down the line if you haven't bought a PS3 yet Beyond ain't gonna be the game that makes you get one. On that list maybe TLOU could be that game... that's the only one I see with system-selling potential (still not much).

Have you seen Beyond? It's fucking amazing. How can that game not push systems?

PS3 below $199 will make crazy sales... last year the only time PS3 was up yoy was in Black Friday due the $199 PS3.

I predict crazy sales coming.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Conegamer said:

I have a plan

Those won't be enough

ethomaz said:
PS3 below $199 will make crazy sales... last year the only time PS3 was up yoy was in Black Friday due the $199 PS3.

I predict crazy sales coming.

yeah the multiples of a hundred are the biggest.  Seeing it below $200 will be much bigger than the previous $250 price tag.  Remember 360 has had a $200 system for years now.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

radiantshadow92 said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:

Conegamer said:

I have a plan

one price cut will be enough and you know it. 

Because a price cut really helped the Wii out (which was selling around the same as the PS3, perhaps slightly better), didn't it?

A price cut will probably boost sales for a month or so, but then it'll settle down again. If you think a price cut will be a magical cure which will give it an extra 2 mil or so this year, then I'm sorry to disappoint you but it won't happen.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

Because a price cut really helped the Wii out (which was selling around the same as the PS3, perhaps slightly better), didn't it?

A price cut will probably boost sales for a month or so, but then it'll settle down again. If you think a price cut will be a magical cure which will give it an extra 2 mil or so this year, then I'm sorry to disappoint you but it won't happen.

The comparasion is not fair... a dead console with the PS3... a price cut for PS3 will hold for a long time yet.

VGKing said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Have you seen Beyond? It's fucking amazing. How can that game not push systems?

There are already many fucking amazing PS3 exclusives out (hence bolded). Many fucking amazing games don't sell well/push systems. Much less when nobody knows what the game is (or that it even exists) because it's been given pathetic coverage/marketing, which will likely be the case with TLOU and GOW being clearly much more high profile and PS4 on its way. 

It would have to completely blow our minds and dicks to be a system-seller, I'm talking 101 on metacritic.