By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Meeting Live Stream -Feb 20th 23:00 GMT (Ended)

shuraiya said:
Neoarc said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Neoarc said:
And Rockstar telling us to watch the event woot :O

ooooooooooooooooooo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

source!?

Here it is :)

Oh, it's about GTAV . . . and here I thought Agent would finally condense into rain.

Damn he came back and told me that it is a fan made account sorry for mislead. :(

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

@OSC89: to be honest I have no idea :D Pretty much never use PSHome myself

Yeah exactly. I went into it to ask about the event, and got several "bisexual girls" asking me to chat on cam. Home is a lot stranger than when it first came out.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

trasharmdsister12 said:

Osc89 said:

That's a pretty solid idea. Plus it would save them having to develop their smart tv platform separately, as they would only have to continue with the PS3 system software. I never understood why the Bravia software was so different from the PS3. Plus I'm not sure the PS3 will be forgotten, not if they bother to put any kind of Gaikai on it.

Also, any ideas what is happening with PlayTV this generation? I haven't seen it mentioned at all in all the PS4 build up.

Yep. I mentioned that in my initial post. It saves them development costs, makes the platform more appealing to external devs (of which I am one ), and just makes for a better end result. 

As for Gaikai, I think they spent too much on it personally but I do understand the value and long term vision they had when they scooped it up. We'll probably see a humble beginning to the integration of the technology that service will provide this gen and see it grow as the gen goes on.

Gaikai integration can potentially blur the lines between gens as the games will be processed on a server farm and the video of gameplay will be sent to you... so imagine having two PS4's render a single game on the back end when we're 5 years into the gen. That sort of scalability can extend the life of this gen or make it so they don't even need a new gen. Just selling thin clients (or giving them away with a subscription... or building them into their TVs ) and continually improving back end processing to give developers much more to work with from a tech point of view. There are a ton of possible routes for gaming to take.

Heck, someone could start a sub-platform on PC that does this. Say Valve invests in streaming gaming. They have a user friendly interface for couches, and making the games run on a back end deals with a lot of front end fiddling that people don't like to do with PC games. There you go, new platform with tons of scalability where you don't need to drop a few hundred dollars on expensive hardware.

That isn't to say the current model won't still exist. I like the current model. But it makes sense to explore new models as well as they'll each have advantages and disadvantages that will fit the needs of different consumers.

EDIT: I forgot to address the PlayTV thing. I'm not even sure what it is and I don't have time to look into it now that I'm heavy into my work day. I'll take a look tonight if I get a chance and think up some ridiculous notion that makes sense. 

It does seem like it could be the future of gaming. I was talking to my housemate about this and he wasn't convinced. He said that the latency or something means that multiplayer gaming won't be possible using this, but I would think if they spent so much (maybe too much) on this then it has to work. He's very Nintendo focused, and quite a traditional gamer, so he might not be giving it the benefit of the doubt. Still, it's obviously very dependent on internet connection, so if released too early it might give a bad impression and might set back the technology.

As for PlayTV, it's just the European DVR addon. Like Torne in Japan. I think it's quite niche, but it's nice being able to have everything needed in the one box. Plus it's how I got my parents to buy a PS3. I really hope there is something similar for the PS4 anyway.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

My body is ready!!

Those TRIGGERS

http://kotaku.com/5985356/source-the-ps4-will-be-out-this-november-and-youll-be-able-to-control-it-with-your-phone

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

Those TRIGGERS

http://kotaku.com/5985356/source-the-ps4-will-be-out-this-november-and-youll-be-able-to-control-it-with-your-phone

Nice!

Neoarc said:
Playstation Meeting Live video from GT is up

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/n2spxl/playstation-4-playstation-meeting-live-?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Key moment: 0:16

Kazification.

Osc89 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

@OSC89: to be honest I have no idea :D Pretty much never use PSHome myself

Yeah exactly. I went into it to ask about the event, and got several "bisexual girls" asking me to chat on cam. Home is a lot stranger than when it first came out.

I totally agree. It's like bizzaro world. Not to be generalizing but people can be... weird on Home.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

https://twitter.com/GameStop

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could it be?!

Here's another bit of interesting and GREAT info for us viewers

"Wow, the stream is going to support 9 spoken languages tomorrow night :-0"

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

pezus said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

https://twitter.com/GameStop

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could it be?!

Here's another bit of interesting and GREAT info for us viewers

"Wow, the stream is going to support 9 spoken languages tomorrow night :-0"

:o wuuut. Hopefully Icelandic is one of them! /jk

hehe yep could very well be

and also

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!