By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - As a Sony fan...

Are you ashamed of Sonys attitude?

Certainly i am 6 23.08%

Yes 4 15.38%

Sure 2 7.69%

Absolutely 6 23.08%

100% 8 30.77%

Total:26

As a Sony fan, are you tired of Sony PR people acting like a 15 year old bully? Do you feel thats not the way a multibillion dollar business should be managed? Does it make you feel ashamed, to own a product designed by such a piss poor mentality?

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network

Not sure if troll... or blunt (semi-flaming) truth... hmm.

so, their PR division now does their managing and R&D aswell? now that's what I call efficient

No reasoning are you're doing is attacking Sony

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

You've really been stepping it up with the angry posts lately.  Has something in particular ticked you off?

Around the Network

Yeah what happened? The big 3 were so nice to each other during the 90s. Oh wait.

Business is business, you gotta talk trash and act like the leader or you will get no respect.

BasilZero said:
DieAppleDie said:

As a Sony fan, are you tired of Sony PR people acting like a 15 year old bully? Do you feel thats not the way a multibillion dollar business should be managed? Does it make you feel ashamed, to own a product designed by such a piss poor mentality?

Nope - they can do whatever they want to their competitors as long as I can get my hands on great hardware and great games at a decent price.

I find it more amusing that people get riled up over what a PR person says or an advertisment. Life is too short to worry about what one corporation does to another.

Definitely.  It's just a strategy.  They're trying to appeal to a certain demographic by being confident and in-your-face with PR.  That goes all the way back to the PS1 days.  Microsoft is doing the same thing right now by downplaying the Sony conference.  Complaining too much over it is silly, as is attempting to assign a "mentality" to a corporation with tens of thousands of employees based on the quotes of a few people.

I'm not going to decide which company gets my money based on PR campaigns, I know that for sure.

you really need to give some examples because i dont see what your talking about

Actually if you read any marketing textbook this is 101 marketing.

When you are not the Market leader you can get away with having wise cracks at the competition. 

Coke and Pepsi are a great example of this.

You never see coke bag out the competition, but Pepsi every now and then has a play at coke.