By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 more powerful then the 360?

One thing that bothers me when I see the argument "Have you ever seen a game on {platform A} that looks as good as {game x}" as their proof that one system is more powerful than another is that they always fail to take into consideration that the developers of the game they praise so heavily may have made trade-offs (that could be made in other games) that resulted in improved graphics.

Gran Turismo 5 is the latest in these games ... Now I'm not a racing game fan (I think I would rather watch grass grow than play a racing simulation) but I have heard that the Gran Turismo series has historically had worse Physics, AI, and a far less interactive environment (for example no traffic) and the only technical area where it is technically impressive is its graphics; at the same time there seems to be countless other racing games which are (somewhat) similar in graphics but are far more advanced in one (or more) other areas.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:

CrazzyMan said:

PS3 has:
best graphics in action third person shooter.
best graphics in 3D platform game.
best graphics in racing game.

PS3 has a game with better graphics than Gears? While I think you mean Uncharted, that is still highly debatable. The art styles are drastically different and both games look great. Actually, I've beaten both games, have you? In fact, I just beat them back to back a few weeks ago.

When did the PS3 get a 3D platformer? Did I take a nap and miss something?

When GT5 releases, I'm sure it will be beautiful. In the meantime, enjoy your $40 extended demo while I keep playing Forza.

I actually found your comment sort of biased towards the 360 rocketpig.

I have both a 360 and a ps3, no it is not debateble, Uncharted looks SIGNIFICANTLY better than gears of war. Is Ratchet  not a platformer? GT5 prolauge is not a demo it is more of a prolauge as in it introduces you to the game. WHy do you think there is a demo out for it?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

weezy said:
Dallinor don't get bent out of shape if I say 360 is better.

That is my opinion. :)

Of course, you're entitled to your own opinion.

I felt however that your comments in this thread weren't very constructive, and were a bit damning against Sony fans in general. Also lots of one line sentences and smiley faces didn't help...

'You are that sony fan that has to justify your 600$ purchase when the 360 does the same or better as of now'

'Its funny how some sony fanboys are'

'ROFL!!

Sony fanboys are always a good laugh.'

'right now 360>PS3'

etc.

weezy said:
Craazy do you take medication for your obsessive compulsive ps3 disorder?

I'm not sure if I'd question his mental stability considering your post's in this thread xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

for me its pretty hard to say right now,which one will achive crysis level first will be the better one

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
rocketpig said:

Sorry, but R&C is 95% shooter. I have a hard time calling it a platformer. LOL, just noticed that even the Wiki entry calls it a shooter.  

Ratchet and Clank is a hybrid platformer/shooter. He is not incorrect in calling it a platformer...

The wiki entry lists it as a 3D platformer/shooter.

You're coming across a bit bitter Rocketpig.

"What? You own GT5P? Yeah, that's what I thought. Even if you did, it's still not a full game." - this just sounds childish.

@Weezy- nice troll job on this thread.

Well, I don't consider GT5P a full game. That's my prerogative, whether it sounds childish to you or not. Personally, I think it's a load of crap that Sony is shoveling that game at $40 a pop down peoples' throats and they're taking it with a smile.

And I still don't consider R&C a platformer. Sorry, I just don't. While previous R&Cs definitely fit that description, Future Tools doesn't IMO. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

zackblue said:
rocketpig said:

CrazzyMan said:

PS3 has:
best graphics in action third person shooter.
best graphics in 3D platform game.
best graphics in racing game.

PS3 has a game with better graphics than Gears? While I think you mean Uncharted, that is still highly debatable. The art styles are drastically different and both games look great. Actually, I've beaten both games, have you? In fact, I just beat them back to back a few weeks ago.

When did the PS3 get a 3D platformer? Did I take a nap and miss something?

When GT5 releases, I'm sure it will be beautiful. In the meantime, enjoy your $40 extended demo while I keep playing Forza.

I actually found your comment sort of biased towards the 360 rocketpig.

I have both a 360 and a ps3, no it is not debateble, Uncharted looks SIGNIFICANTLY better than gears of war. Is Ratchet  not a platformer? GT5 prolauge is not a demo it is more of a prolauge as in it introduces you to the game. WHy do you think there is a demo out for it?

I think they're both beautiful games with great graphics and vastly different art styles. I don't see how that's biased toward anything.

rocketpig said:
Dallinor said:
rocketpig said:

Sorry, but R&C is 95% shooter. I have a hard time calling it a platformer. LOL, just noticed that even the Wiki entry calls it a shooter.

Ratchet and Clank is a hybrid platformer/shooter. He is not incorrect in calling it a platformer...

The wiki entry lists it as a 3D platformer/shooter.

You're coming across a bit bitter Rocketpig.

"What? You own GT5P? Yeah, that's what I thought. Even if you did, it's still not a full game." - this just sounds childish.

@Weezy- nice troll job on this thread.

Well, I don't consider GT5P a full game. That's my prerogative, whether it sounds childish to you or not. Personally, I think it's a load of crap that Sony is shoveling that game at $40 a pop down peoples' throats and they're taking it with a smile.

And I still don't consider R&C a platformer. Sorry, I just don't. While previous R&Cs definitely fit that description, Future Tools doesn't IMO.

Well it is 40 cars, 16 man races isn't it? I'm not sure if that's actually much of a "dumbed down game" xD, but yeah I'm not sure if $40 should be the entry fee, maybe 30 :P

If Sony charged $20 for GT5P, I wouldn't have a problem. If they charged $40 and refunded $20 when you bought GT5, I wouldn't have a problem.

But $40 for a cut down game that you'll have to rebuy for $60 in a year? Ugh, no thanks. Screw you, Sony.

rocketpig said:
If Sony charged $20 for GT5P, I wouldn't have a problem. If they charged $40 and refunded $20 when you bought GT5, I wouldn't have a problem.

But $40 for a cut down game that you'll have to rebuy for $60 in a year? Ugh, no thanks. Screw you, Sony.

That would be sweet :P but I sadly know many people willing to buy it xD, well GT5 is supposed to come with so much extra stuff it's attempting to be a completely different game :P, now if you could transfer your GT5 prologue data I'd even think about it :P