By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can MS wait until late April for 360 price drop?

I also find that hard to imagine, Sony has sold well over 1billion games on the PS2, how much money do they make per game.

Around the Network

1 billion? are you kidding me?

Im gonna have to call BS

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Reasonable said:
Darc@

Do you have evidence for that? I'm not doubting you but I do find it hard to believe that they've lost more on PS3 than they've made in videogames (i.e. I meant PS1, PS2 and PSP plus games revenue).

Just the quartaely reports from sony which reports about diffirent departments that have shown sony losing more in the past year than the profits they made from the PS2 lifetime. Other than that no we don't.

yes i think they can wait,thats also the time GTA4 comes out which should help them even more

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

weezy said:
1 billion? are you kidding me?

Im gonna have to call BS

I went to offical Sony site and got Software sales for the PS2, i can't find results for 2000, 2001 or 2002, but i found the others and here they are. The numbers are all in millions.

Year2003: 222
Year2004: 252
year2005: 223
Year2006: 193.6
Q107: 31.1
Q207: 38.0

These numbers do not include PS1, PSP or PS3 software either, what i also noticed that the PS1 was still selling software for the year ending 2005.

Around the Network

I really don't know. Its getting kinda obvious that MS is gona drop in april. But its also just as obvious that Sony will. Won't they just be in same boat, only close to the magic price point?

MS while probably gona end up behind Sony in EU, they have 7 million more consoles out. Wgile they should'nt be careless with the lead it does give them a couple of mill to think things through properly for wen sony's well known ps2 franchises arrive.

Ynwa.

Can't say really.

If it was me running the Xbox division, I'd immediately drop prices by a hundred. The boost to sales could be big enough to keep the 360 ahead of the PS3 for most of the year, unless Sony decides to drop prices as well.

Of course the suits at Microsoft care a lot more about making money than I do. They're probably calculating how long they can afford to keep selling the 360 at the current price (making money) before dropping to boost sales above those of the PS3 again.

There is probably a bunch of things that MS is waiting for before dropping prices, like Sony dropping first, 360 sales dropping, a big PS3 game boosting the sales of the competition etc, and they're waiting for one of more of them to happen. Shouldn't be too long now.