By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2013 NPD Thread - 360: 281k, Wii U: 57k, PSV: 35k

no surprise. makes me seriously wonder about Feb.

Around the Network
Proclus said:
Kynes said:
Proclus said:
281K for N.A, so... around 250K for the U.S historically, slammed Wedbush!

I think NPD refers to USA numbers.

I know... O.o

Sorry, I misundestood you.

This is odd. Do we usually have them mentioning "North America" as this guy did right now? Normally, I think it's US.
This means either a) a typographical error or b) some really clever, under the radar spinning to look like 360's up YOY.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

GamesIndustry International

The console continues its dominance in the US market.

Microsoft has just revealed in advance of the January NPD report that its Xbox 360 console has once again topped the competition, selling 281,000 units in January, marking the 25th consecutive month that Xbox 360 has been the top selling console in the US.

Overall, more than $338 million was spent on Xbox 360 retail (including games, consoles and accessories) in January, while Xbpx 360 held 44 percent share of the current-generation console market.

"Xbox showed incredible growth throughout 2012, almost tripling its entertainment offerings with nearly 100 custom, voice-controlled Xbox LIVE apps, and delivering users with 18 billion hours of entertainment. Xbox has sold three times the number of original Xbox consoles, with 76 million units sold around the world to-date," Microsoft noted.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-02-14-xbox-360-sells-281-000-in-us-during-january

Around the Network

I hope NNK isn't severely overtracked

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Immortal said:
This is odd. Do we usually have them mentioning "North America" as this guy did right now? Normally, I think it's US.
This means either a) a typographical error or b) some really clever, under the radar spinning to look like 360's up YOY.

It's just US. A lot of people from the US wrongfully call their country North America because they are Americans.

So 358k for PS3 + Wii? That doesn't seem to make sense..

if xbox is 44% at 280k and wii is 80k, current gen, that makes wii around 15%, which makes ps3 40% and nearer to 200k than 130k

tagged desu

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!