Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA continues to defecate on Nintendo

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

I want Mass Effect 4 on Wii-U to use with gamepad =(

There is no way Mass Effect would ever exist on the Wii U without severe dumbing down after the new consoles launch. The Wii U wouldnt be able to handle the scale that is expected from the new consoles.

I already have a beast of PC machine....i still wouldnt mind a dumb down version of it for Wii-U.......

**next time watch out for your bold statements again as if the consoles already been released and know what will happen.

Then your third party needs are more than met. You don't count. I am talking about Nintendo only owners.

I do count. I said I want to use it with gamepad......obviously I prefer it on a Nintendo platform.

Thats psychological....not my problem.

here we go with ur bold statements again. its not a problem. Gamepad is awesome. Eg. COD advantage.

Around the Network
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

There is no way Mass Effect would ever exist on the Wii U without severe dumbing down after the new consoles launch. The Wii U wouldnt be able to handle the scale that is expected from the new consoles.

I already have a beast of PC machine....i still wouldnt mind a dumb down version of it for Wii-U.......

**next time watch out for your bold statements again as if the consoles already been released and know what will happen.

Then your third party needs are more than met. You don't count. I am talking about Nintendo only owners.

I do count. I said I want to use it with gamepad......obviously I prefer it on a Nintendo platform.

its not a problem. nobody's problem. Gamepad is awesome. Eg. COD advantage.

Shouldn't the wiimote+nunchuck be more of advantage than the gamepad for FPS?  Sure some people don't like the point to aim but I thought it was awesome (just have to take a break after a few hours for wrist).

@S.T.A.G.E

Do you seriously want to re litigate this. During the past generation Sony lost most of its third party exclusives both true and timed. They were no longer the primary platform for development. They received a lot of ports, and they get delayed additional content for games. They don't even garner the majority of games development. Sony doesn't have the fantastic relationship with developers that it once had. You can argue that Sony can do well without all of those things, but they were nice things to have, and they were proof of a incredibly strong relationship that does not exist anymore.

I mean come on look at the big name games on the Vita, and who ended up developing them. If their reputation were sterling Resistance, and Call of Duty wouldn't have been developed for that platform by Nihilistic now would it. A developer know for exceedingly poor quality games. With those two franchises they should have had a number of more competent developers beating their doors down wanting to make those games, but they didn't, and that is a testament to the amount of faith developers have in Sony, and in Sony products.

You want another example look at the Kinect and the Move. Microsoft is getting more support for their peripheral from third parties then Sony is getting for theirs. According to Wikipedia Microsoft has thirty more games supporting their peripheral then Sony has supporting theirs. That isn't both doing the same. One is obviously doing better with third party developers then the other.

@sethnintendo

As far as independent game developers are concerned. At least Microsoft doesn't have to court them. They give those developers tools to make their games, and the ability to sell them over the marketplace. There are really hundreds on the console, and to be fair I for one am not overly impressed with most of them, but they are there for what it matters.

Dodece said:

@sethnintendo

As far as independent game developers are concerned. At least Microsoft doesn't have to court them. They give those developers tools to make their games, and the ability to sell them over the marketplace. There are really hundreds on the console, and to be fair I for one am not overly impressed with most of them, but they are there for what it matters.

Been some really good games though on Nintendo online shops.  World of Goo (WiiWare), NightSky (3DSWare), Mutant Mudds (3DSWare), Cave Story (DSiWare, 3DSWare), Little Inferno (WiiUWare), Zen Pinball (3DSWare), Zen Pinball 2 (WiiUWare),

Sure there are plenty of shitty games from indie developers but the ones that are good are games would probably never see the light of day at a major developer.  I'm glad to see the rise of indie developers because the major developers don't really put too much effort into creating something original these days.  They stick with their bread and butter and milk it to death.

sethnintendo said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

Shouldn't the wiimote+nunchuck be more of advantage than the gamepad for FPS?  Sure some people don't like the point to aim but I thought it was awesome (just have to take a break after a few hours for wrist).

Ninchuck  is faster point and aim.....gamepad has class and radar advantage. storm missle + lighting strike or Orbital vsat.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Dodece said:

@sethnintendo

Been some really good games though on Nintendo online shops.  World of Goo (WiiWare), NightSky (3DSWare), Mutant Mudds (3DSWare), Cave Story (DSiWare, 3DSWare), Little Inferno (WiiUWare), Zen Pinball (3DSWare), Zen Pinball 2 (WiiUWare),

Sure there are plenty of shitty games from indie developers but the ones that are good are games would probably never see the light of day at a major developer.  I'm glad to see the rise of indie developers because the major developers don't really put too much effort into creating something original these days.  They stick with their bread and butter and milk it to death.

You don't honestly expect me to let you dodge the issue now do you. Which is that your supposed advantage is no advantage at all. Seeing as Microsoft has made it damned cheap to bring games to their platform, and they have over 2800 indy games on Xbox Live Marketplace. If anything it is Nintendo that is at a severe disadvantage as compared to Microsoft. Would you care to amend your point of view.

If they wanted to defecate on them they would have made shitty Wii U cash ins.

Dodece said:
sethnintendo said:
Dodece said:

@sethnintendo

You don't honestly expect me to let you dodge the issue now do you. Which is that your supposed advantage is no advantage at all. Seeing as Microsoft has made it damned cheap to bring games to their platform, and they have over 2800 indy games on Xbox Live Marketplace. If anything it is Nintendo that is at a severe disadvantage as compared to Microsoft. Would you care to amend your point of view.

True XBL has more indie games but check this interview out with Developers Fuzzy Wuzzy for their Armillo game.

Nintendo Life: Do you think it's possible that the Wii U eShop could become as popular with indie developers as XBLA, Steam and PSN?

James: I think it is possible. Personally, I don’t have experience with working on PSN so I cannot comment on that. But with XBLA and its lengthy turnaround time and strict vetting process and Steam with its Greenlight process, I am hoping that the Wii U eShop will become even more popular with its faster turnaround time and far less restrictions on the developer. We’ll see!

Yanni: I think there’s a lot of potential and since Nintendo seems to be really listening to Indies, the potential is there for the eShop to grow and compete with XBLA.

Nintendo Life: What made you pick Wii U as a potential platform for the game?

James: There was one point early in the development I thought about the original Wii, but after hearing about its limitations - especially with memory, performance, and game size limit - I just couldn’t see it as a viable platform for Armillo. For some reason, I never really put too much thought into the Wii U. It’s an interesting story how it became a reality. After our development break, I decided to open up to the community and started writing development blogs on IndieDB. At one point, someone posted a comment and asked if our game will ever see an XBLA release, so I replied talking about our pitch to Microsoft and how they’d decided to pass on us as our type of game generally does not have much of a sales impact on their market. So press member Emily Rogers sent an e-mail to us, referring us to that comment and asking us if we were interested in getting our game to the Wii U instead. Our initial thought was more along the lines of how are we going to port our XNA game to the Wii U? Then Emily brought up the information that Unity will be ported to the Wii U. And then I was sold. Of course, we still had to go through the approval process to become official Nintendo developers.

From Zen Studios

NL: How would you summarise the ease — or otherwise — of development and bringing Zen Pinball 2 to Wii U?

MK: We have experienced the same challenges that are presented on any new platform or device. Nintendo’s support has been excellent, we really could not have asked for more support from them. Overall, it has been an extremely positive experience and I think the doors are wide open for other small studios to bring games to the Wii U. This is an amazing development for Nintendo; huge, positive changes have been made since the days of WiiWare.

NL: What are your impressions of the Wii U eShop platform, and its potential development in the future?

MK: Nintendo has done a lot of work to improve the Wii U eShop. I really like that the focus is on games, whereas other digital stores seem to be less about games these days. I think we have seen only the beginning of Miiverse, and it will be fun to see how social interactions develop on Wii U. I know that our community manager is excited to interact with the community once the game is launched, and Nintendo has made a generous effort to grant us special accounts so we can be helpful to Zen Pinball 2 players.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So I'll give you the amount of games but it does seem like indie developers are liking that Nintendo is focusing more on them with the current gen with 3DS/Wii U eshops. 

So, if EA is a hussy and Nintendo is the stuck-up one, are you calling us fanboys cups?

KeptoKnight said:
sethnintendo said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

Ninchuck  is faster point and aim.....gamepad has class and radar advantage. storm missle + lighting strike or Orbital vsat.

So you should use both, as BO2 accepts Wiimote + Gamepad configuration. Just put the gamepad on your lap for quick acess to classes and radar and aim with the Wiimote + Nunchuck on your TV.