By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pach Attack Sony Special: PS4 to Run Games at 1080p 60fps, Games Look like Crysis 2

theprof00 said:
So according to latest Durango rumors, it looks like Crysis on max settings, and now PS4 looks like crysis 2 on max settings.
Well, we have our winner, I think...

pure speculation.

Around the Network

my question is PC Crysis 2 currently the best looking PC FPS game so far??
i thought it was Battlefield 3...??
sorry i'm not a PC gamer...

disolitude said:
fordy said:
Really? Only Crysis 2? So much for the rumors of how powerful the PS4 will be...

It will look like Crysis 2 on max if PS4 is powerful. To max out Crysis 2 at 1080p and 60 fps you need a 200+ dollar CPU and 300+ dollar GPU.

The way the rumours were going, it should have been running these in 4K at 240fps. However, it's barely rendering Crysis 2 @ 1080p, 60fps?

Where are these people who are saying it will be 10x more powerful than WiiU?

I think the 1080p/60fps rumor doesn't hold any ground. It might be the 'standard', but there's nothing stopping developers from cutting on the res (down to 720p) and FPS (to 30), to add more detail and effects.

In the end, sometimes running a game at 720p with more eye candy impresses more than a barebones looking 1080p game.

theprof00 said:
So according to latest Durango rumors, it looks like Crysis on max settings, and now PS4 looks like crysis 2 on max settings.
Well, we have our winner, I think...

Lots of people would say that Crysis looks better than Crysis 2.

Around the Network
fordy said:

The way the rumours were going, it should have been running these in 4K at 240fps. However, it's barely rendering Crysis 2 @ 1080p, 60fps?

People have been saying 10x more than PS3, not Wii U. Only 4x Wii U

And Patcher explained the misunderstanding with the "hyper realistic" graphics. Patcher is just saying crazy stuff to get a rise out of people, so 140fps would be for really simple games and no one is going to make games at 240fps.

I think PS4 will do up to 4k for some games, and I was hoping for 1080p at 60fps to be the standard.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
fordy said:

And Patcher explained the misunderstanding with the "hyper realistic" graphics. Patcher is just saying crazy stuff to get a rise out of people, so 140fps would be for really simple games and no one is going to make games at 240fps.

I think PS4 will do up to 4k for some games, and I was hoping for 1080p at 60fps to be the standard.

That plus there is no screen on this planet that can show 240 frames per second.

This is the only screen being sold that can show 144 frames per second -http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VG278HE/

Few other ones can do 120 frames per second and 99.99999999% do 60, even if it says 120/240 on the box

Sensei said:
I think the 1080p/60fps rumor doesn't hold any ground. It might be the 'standard', but there's nothing stopping developers from cutting on the res (down to 720p) and FPS (to 30), to add more detail and effects.

In the end, sometimes running a game at 720p with more eye candy impresses more than a barebones looking 1080p game.

Maybe, but I don't think the system will not have the power to provide an increase of detail over last gen even at 1080p 60fps. I think devs will have to sacrifice a lot less this gen.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

I remember the hyperbole last time of the PS3 supporting dual 1080p outputs with ease.

Chark said:

Actually, if those rumours and guesstimates are correct (for both PS4 and WiiU), than PS4's GPU is at least 6.5x WiiU.

Not that it matters, that won't put 240fps on 4k screen, unless it's Pong, as they joked in Pach-Attack.