By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Stop calling the Origional playstation....PSX

phinch1 said:
Jumpin said:
phinch1 said:

Why do people call the Origional playstation the PSX......Type psx into google and see what comes up, It an actual console that was made inbetween the PS2 and PS3, it has the cross media bar to similar to the PS3, it was also sony's first console to have the cross media bar

it was released in Japan (and only in japan) in 2003 just before Christmas, its plays Playstation and Playstation 2 titles It has internal storage with  160GB HDD and a higher model with 250GB with memory stick reader (like the origional PS3 60GB) updatable firmware (like psp ps3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vofHwP9J9Rw

So yeah, call it the Playstation, PS, PS1 PSOne........ but stop calling it the PSX Please.

Because it IS the PSX to everyone who had one before that little white model came out. It is what everyone referered to it as. That DVR thing is named after the common abbreviation of the original PSX. What can I say, I guess it's hard being a newb.

psx.ign.com - this site has been Round since the 90's.

Everyone? obviously not everone, I believe the Ofiicial magazines were Titled "Playstation magazine" and the official name of the console is The "Playstation", there is no official documentation you can find me, where sony released the final product called the PSX

That's not relevant. If you used the word PSX, everyone would know you were talking about the Playstation, it is a fact of history.

Also, if you pop any PSX/Playstation disc into your pc, and read the files in the root directory, the first thing that pops up at the top of all of the screens is  "PSX EXE Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. for Europe area" I would say this is fairly official, it's on all of the discs.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I'll call my PSX whatever I want

Jumpin said:
phinch1 said:
Jumpin said:
phinch1 said:

Why do people call the Origional playstation the PSX......Type psx into google and see what comes up, It an actual console that was made inbetween the PS2 and PS3, it has the cross media bar to similar to the PS3, it was also sony's first console to have the cross media bar

it was released in Japan (and only in japan) in 2003 just before Christmas, its plays Playstation and Playstation 2 titles It has internal storage with  160GB HDD and a higher model with 250GB with memory stick reader (like the origional PS3 60GB) updatable firmware (like psp ps3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vofHwP9J9Rw

So yeah, call it the Playstation, PS, PS1 PSOne........ but stop calling it the PSX Please.

Because it IS the PSX to everyone who had one before that little white model came out. It is what everyone referered to it as. That DVR thing is named after the common abbreviation of the original PSX. What can I say, I guess it's hard being a newb.

psx.ign.com - this site has been Round since the 90's.

Everyone? obviously not everone, I believe the Ofiicial magazines were Titled "Playstation magazine" and the official name of the console is The "Playstation", there is no official documentation you can find me, where sony released the final product called the PSX

That's not relevant. If you used the word PSX, everyone would know you were talking about the Playstation, it is a fact of history.

did your psx play ps2 games then? :S

This topic needs to be closed. The OP has been proven wrong, fraudulent, and more than likely impotent merely because those who disagree with him are so damned awesome.

Also, history is on the PSX name's side, THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE WAS REFERRING TO IT AS AT THE TIME!!! Let it go guy.

Moving on.

Playstation
happy?