By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Aliens: Colonial Marines, what happened? 44 on Metacritic, different graphics?!

Are you surprised?

Yes 52 18.31%

No 119 41.90%

OMG!!!! WTF!!!!!! 79 27.82%

show results 34 11.97%

Total:284

Since Aliens is coming late on Wii U can we just scrap that and get Borderlands 2 instead? :p

Around the Network
MakeAmazing said:
chris_wing said:
WagnerPaiva said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
No surprise seeing that the devs had zero experience doing games with immense atmosphere and depth and had only churned out corridor crawl style fps's.

Yes, I was hopping for a horror game, but, wel, not even the Alien movies are horror anymore...

It's all been down hill since the first Alien movie.

I wouldn't say that, Aliens is fantastic, while Aliens 3 while much derided at the time of release is actually a very good movie. Aliens 4, well it's ok and definately the weakest of the lot (though not terrible), I am just grateful they left the cut bits out, which were really really bad (look out for them on the special edition).

Alien was the best, Alien 3 then Alien 4.  Aliens (or Alien 2) was total garbage.  That's my opinion of course.  If you like numb skull action flicks I can see you liking it, but it was awful compared to Alien.

*sigh*

I knew it it. Trailers were looking worse and worse as we got closer to launch.

Train wreck said:
You should see the montage they have on youtube for the game and the Wii U graphics, Really sad.

Link please.

kain_kusanagi said:
Train wreck said:
You should see the montage they have on youtube for the game and the Wii U graphics, Really sad.

Link please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dPF8jpItCs&list=UUeq8sXf9YO4wmqGCTpkaBgQ&index=1

Around the Network

I finished the single player mode yesterday. Game is very short (5 hours wtf!?), has really bad graphics and the gameplay feels like in low budget pc fps game. There is no horror atmosphere in this game bacause it was made as 4 player co op game (something like Dead Island but much much worse!).

Multiplayer sucks, finding players takes you 1,5 minute and the lag kills the fun. No dedicated servers. Just simple p2p matchmaking like in CoD but created worse. There are multiplayer modes where you can play as alien versus humans. To tell you the truth, nobody wants to play as aliens because marines are way to powerfull. If marine players stick together, they always wins the match. The only option to win the multiplayer match as an aliens is when it is match where aliens have bigger numbers than marines (ex. 2 marines vs - 6 aliens). In multiplayer match - 6 vs 6 - marines ALWAYS win. You can't choose sides, game does it for you like the developers knew that nobody would like to be alien.

Oh! And one more funny thing! This game WAS NOT CREATED by Gearbox but 5 different developers. You can see their names in the campaign intro. Gearbox was supporting them with their brand.

F*ck you SEGA and gearbox. Lost respect for those companies.

chris_wing said:
MakeAmazing said:
chris_wing said:
WagnerPaiva said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
No surprise seeing that the devs had zero experience doing games with immense atmosphere and depth and had only churned out corridor crawl style fps's.

Yes, I was hopping for a horror game, but, wel, not even the Alien movies are horror anymore...

I wouldn't say that, Aliens is fantastic, while Aliens 3 while much derided at the time of release is actually a very good movie. Aliens 4, well it's ok and definately the weakest of the lot (though not terrible), I am just grateful they left the cut bits out, which were really really bad (look out for them on the special edition).

Alien was the best, Alien 3 then Alien 4.  Aliens (or Alien 2) was total garbage.  That's my opinion of course.  If you like numb skull action flicks I can see you liking it, but it was awful compared to Alien.

Woah! I could agree that the suspense took a backseat, and that fans of the first movie might have felt bend over, but garbage!? Most certainly not. It's one of the best action movies ever made.

SwansVanTerif said:
chris_wing said:
MakeAmazing said:
chris_wing said:
WagnerPaiva said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

Woah! I could agree that the suspense took a backseat, and that fans of the first movie might have felt bend over, but garbage!? Most certainly not. It's one of the best action movies ever made.

Maybe not garbage by it's own right, but compared to Alien it is.  I just couldn't stop laughing at the "cool" characters.

spurgeonryan said:
As soon as we heard it was coming to WiiU we should have expected this. Or at least just a lazy WiiU port. Maybe they knew it was not good and that is why there was some WiiU bad mouthing to get attention off the bad job they did.

hahaha sounds about right... shit game = port to wiiU = wiiU's fault not the game for being shit.

Train wreck said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Train wreck said:

Link please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dPF8jpItCs&list=UUeq8sXf9YO4wmqGCTpkaBgQ&index=1

lol that was a good one. Definity footage from 1999's AVP2, but funny.

I'm still interested in Colonial Mariens, but I think I'll wait for it to drop down to used price of $10.