By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your Favorite 3D Mario?

Favorite 3D Mario?

Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64) 30 27.03%

Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube) 9 8.11%

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) 29 26.13%

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) 34 30.63%

Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo 3DS) 9 8.11%

Total:111

We have had a lot of 3D Mario's since 64 and they have all been great but which one is your favorite? Here is mine in order 1. Super Mario Sunshine: Overall this game was great and got a lot of undeserved hate. It was in a tropical location which was very relaxing. It had a better story and better characters than any of the 3D Mario's. Plus it had voice acting for the most part. What more can you ask for. 2. Super Mario Galaxy 2: This game had a great style with very well designed levels with great music to complement it. 3. Super Mario 64: This was the game that started it all. It had an engaging plot and a wide variety of levels for all difficulties. 4. Super Mario Galaxy: Even though this game got boring sometimes. It had a great story compared to most 3D Mario's, with great level design, and the introduction of Rosalina. 5. Super Mario 3D Land: This game was very lackluster compared to the other 3D Mario's, and maybe that's because it is the first on a handheld. It felt rushed and was to easy. However it had the best final boss of the 3D Mario's. What about you?

Around the Network

Super Mario Sunshine Galaxy. I changed my mind at the last moment.

As far as I'm concerned, each successive console version has gotten better and better, so Galaxy 2 for me.

Wasn't too fond of 3D Land, though.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Luigi's Mansion!

It's a Mario game, It counts.

thekitchensink said:
As far as I'm concerned, each successive console version has gotten better and better, so Galaxy 2 for me.

How I feel about the series, 64 being the only one not a fan of.

Around the Network

thekitchensink said:

Wasn't too fond of 3D Land, though.

Yeah,
1. Galaxy 2
2. Galaxy
3. 3D Land
4. Mario 64
5. Sunshine (haven't played, hoping will come to Wii U VC)

1. Super Mario 3D Land
2. Mario Galaxy
3. Mario Sunshine

Thats the only ones I've played. Missed Mario 64 as i foolishly got a Playstation instead. Probably pick up Galaxy 2 sometime soon.

Sunshine and 64

Galaxy.

Super Mario Sunshine, the game that everybody hated. People wanted new things and they got it and they still disliked it.
My order -
1. Sunshine
2. Galaxy 2
3. 64
4. 3D Land
5. Galaxy

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David