By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How will next-gen graphics be advertised effectively?

Tagged games:

brendude13 said:
KHlover said:
Showing actual gameplay in the TV advertisements would be a start...

I was going to mention this too. No more live action crap.

You are from Europe too, so I guess you have seen the HORRIBLE trailers for PSABR? When I had seen them for the first time it suddenly became clear to me why gamers always are belittled by so many people.

If compared to this trailer:

The difference between those two trailers should be clear. And even though the second trailer also doesn't show actual gameplay games next gen might look like this, so I think it's justified.

Around the Network

Our graphics are so good that you'll think they look better than on our previous console!!!

KHlover said:
brendude13 said:
KHlover said:
Showing actual gameplay in the TV advertisements would be a start...

I was going to mention this too. No more live action crap.

You are from Europe too, so I guess you have seen the HORRIBLE trailers for PSABR? When I had seen them for the first time it suddenly became clear to me why gamers always are belittled by so many people.

If compared to this trailer:

The difference between those two trailers should be clear. And even though the second trailer also doesn't show actual gameplay games next gen might look like this, so I think it's justified.

Yeah, I'm from the UK, but I've never seen a PSABR advert on TV. A lot of people have and a lot of people haven't for some reason. That was a pretty awful advert to show on TV though, I can understand how it would be funny to people who were already going to buy the game watching it on Youtube or something, but not on TV.

I don't agree with showing only CGI trailers either, especially if they're not featured in the game, it just seems like false advertising for me.

Currently, they most sell them with CG, just make sure there are some HUDs there to emphasise it is real