By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UK: Wii U sells just 34,000 pieces of software in January!

people must be content with games they got at launch lol

Nintendo don't need to respond, who are they racing?? You will wait patiently for mario, zwlda, metroid and then you buy a system. In the meantime they may cut price to appease investors but they're E3 line up should be strong

Around the Network

That is pretty poor. The WiiU needs more advertising. The only "advert" Ive seen for it is on the love film adverts which mention that it is now available on Wii and WiiU. I haven't even seen adverts for the games that are available for it or just released. To help out out Ive got Aliens Colonial Marines coming for the WiiU. Just doing my bit lol.

Asked in my local Bic Camera (Sagami-ono) and Fujisawa about their software sales, Fujisawa employees wouldn't give me any information but the nice lady in Sagami-ono told me that thus far, since January 1st to now, they have only sold 38 WiiU games.

(This is in Japan obviously)

I don't have any money to buy another game yet, hoping to buy Aliens colonial marines if I can afford it

JWeinCom said:
think-man said:
Isn't that less than the vita?

The install base for the Vita should be a bit higher with a 10 month or so head start.  Both numbers are terrible.

Vita got no game in january, WiiU got 2-3 games.

Around the Network

bad numbers, the vita has nearly 3x the install base in the UK so that's pretty bad too. Next gen isn't off to a good start besides 3DS.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I just wish there were some numbers from the first year of the year of the 360 to see a comparison, since the 360 was also in a similar situation being released first and all for some time.

Leave WiiU alone!

I'm locking this because this news was already posted.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger