By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Developer thatgamecompany was bankrupt when it shipped ‘Journey’

How could they be bankrupt? Their games were very simple.
I know Santa Monica worked with them on the development, so it could just be that they ran out of funds...but granted, Journey is a far bigger game than thatgamecompany could handle, based on previous work.

Around the Network

This is cute! Let's hope the developer has made some profits by now.

I thought Flow and Flower sold quite well no ?

The game is fantastic... one of the best game I ever played.

well i'd think them in the black now. though TGC could have been another Sony owned studio.

Around the Network

Pffffft. Flower was so much better, Sophia, you don't even know.

I liked Journey, but I didn't think it was anything groundbreaking or extraordinary. Definitely worth the 1200 yen though.

Much deserved. Although I would prefer them to be Ps3 exclusive, their games are simply too amazing to not be experienced by 360 and PC owners. One of the best and most talented developers around.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:
Much deserved. Although I would prefer them to be Ps3 exclusive, their games are simply too amazing to not be experienced by 360 and PC owners. One of the best and most talented developers around.

360 and PC owners can always buy the PS3 .

ps3-sales! said:
Much deserved. Although I would prefer them to be Ps3 exclusive, their games are simply too amazing to not be experienced by 360 and PC owners.

I agreed with you until I re-read it and saw the "not".