By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - This claim by David Reeves doesnt make sense

I spoted this article about a claim made by David Reeves that the PAL PS3 will beat the PAL Xbox 360 by the summer this year.

Im not going to raise an argument about that part, but what i am is a claim he made "It’s also worth mentioning that last week we outsold Xbox 360 in PAL territories by a ratio of three to one.” I did a quick check of vg chartz numbers and the PS3 only outsold the 360 last week by just over 7,000 units. Even if it was the week prior to that the PS3 only managed just over 13,000. 

What are your thoughts on this, am i missing something or is this just PR bs.

Heres the article

http://www.gameguru.in/sony-playstation-3/2008/25/pal-ps3-to-beat-xbox-360-by-summer-david-reeves/

Well seeing as everyone else has this....

Consoles i own: 360, Wii.  Playing Halo 3 and Bioshock. Only own 2 games for the wii.

We pay a premium for everything in Australia, even after shipping and the exchange rate!!!

Around the Network

How about PS3+PS2?

Does that get you to close to 3 to 1?

If not... what if you add PSP?

It's a common Sony PR tactic to talk about one console... then combine multiple consoles together by using vague comments like "we" to make it look like they are talking about the PS3.

Ps3 + Ps2 only equals about 2:1
but with all sony consoles you get the 3:1 figure

Though the article does seem like hes only referring to the PS3

Well seeing as everyone else has this....

Consoles i own: 360, Wii.  Playing Halo 3 and Bioshock. Only own 2 games for the wii.

We pay a premium for everything in Australia, even after shipping and the exchange rate!!!

I'd say the same as Kasz, even that the comment gives impression that it's PS3 he's talking about. But we have earlier heard similar statements from Sony.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Wow thats great spin.... what he really meant was "our 3 consoles outsell your 1 consoles by 3:1" I've just read the article... I think the "it's also worth mentioning" bit gives it away, he changed subject without letting you know about it.

Around the Network

This is typical Sony to spin things their way.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Damn Sony. With all that PR spin, anyone would think they're trying to run a business!

This just really comes of as bitterness from the 360 side.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

I thought this picture was fitting.  Its of course an optical illusion, the trick being that circles you aren't directly watching appear to spin..and then when you look directly at them they stop and other ones you aren't watching start to spin (appear to).

Sony PR has done stuff like this for a very long time.  They clearly aren't planning on changing and if it works for them why should they? 

To Each Man, Responsibility

Because they'll all go to hell, that's why.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.