By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Top 5 Franchises On PS3

why does ps3 have such a bad attach rate?

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:

There is still lacking a solid base of desired attachments...

Mummelmann said:
Kasz216 said:
Mummelmann said:
Kasz216 said:
Well good thing Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo will be out this year... (or early next).

Yes, and judging by the sales of the listed games above, MGS FF and GT will have tremendous sales!

Who needs the sales above? I mean those games are all basically legendary franchises. They would sell great on a console that would be worse off then the PS3. Really on any console.

Though i'd say the data above only speaks for GT, as the other two are in genres unrepresented up there.

Yes, it seems that the PS3 is suffering from PS2's childhood ailments; a few games do very well, but the rest barely moves. I expect this to change once the 2nd and 1st party dev's settle in for the long haul though. 3rd parties really haven't had too much time to hone their games accroding to hardware specs, so it can only go upwards.

Overall; it seems all three platforms will get a lot more quality titles this time around since competition is really fierce! And I'm not one bit sorry for it either, it benefits me as an end user at any rate.

Yeah, once Sony picks up some more consoles it's new exclusive IPs should sell better as well.  I think that's why PS3 exclusive sales are suffering right now... atleast in the US.

I mean if you have a PS3 and 8 friends... and 6 of them have 360's.  The games that are going to get talked about the most are going to be those multiplatform games.  If you are hanging out at someones house and they have a 360, those multi-plat games are the ones you'll see.

And when you have just one console (like most people do) you don't care about excusives.  All you care about is getting the best game... which to your average consumer is likely going to be the ones they hear and play the most do to the mere exposure effect.

Remember......NFS has Pro Street + Carbon...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Pro Street imo doesn't even deserve to be on a top 100 list. Talk about not making an effort with a series anymore... Stupid EA...

Around the Network

Isn't Call of Duty 5 not being done by Infinity Ward? Even worse, it's going back to WWII if I recall from a couple of months ago.

NFS is such a crappy franchise now. It's like the madden of racers.

highwaystar101 said:
Im guessing because people do buy PS3s to be used exclusively as Blu ray players.... Also there arent enough great games out on it atm.

IllegalPaladin said:
Isn't Call of Duty 5 not being done by Infinity Ward? Even worse, it's going back to WWII if I recall from a couple of months ago.

Yes it is back to WWII, and no Infinity Ward, which pretty much guarantees sucky console verisons. Let's at least hope it doesn't revolve around American GI's at D-day, that's more overused than hairspray at a gay hairdressers convention...

Call of Duty's success is overwhelming, has it passed Halo yet when you combine platforms? Edit: Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed sales are extremely important for PS3 and guarantee that most of the big 3rd party games will be multiplatform, Farcry 2 and Left4Dead latest indincations of this. Also it proves that Sony needs to continue supporting (with ads) big 3rd party releases like they did with AC and COD, and like how MS does with even mid size 3rd party games.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!