By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - For what it's worth. (Nintendo Qtr. 3 Goodness)

Nintendo's Quarter 3 fiscal report ended December 31, 2007.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2008/080124e.pdf

And I quote:

1. Consolidated Operating Results

...In our console business, "Wii" hardware reached total sales of 14.29 million units worldwide for the first three quarters of the year and exceeded 20 million units in life-to-date sales, which is slightly over one year...

November 19, 2006 to December 31, 2007 = 13 Gregorian calendar months and 12 days.

Slightly over one year...

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network

You were right!!!!

You should just find a different Calendar that would make things within the one year time frame.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Now let's see if it hits 60 million by the end of this year. I've got my fingers crossed for you, John.

Entroper said:
Now let's see if it hits 60 million by the end of this year. I've got my fingers crossed for you, John.

That one is even crazier... Honestly no so sure how it can even reach there, if it ever does by this year. 

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Around the Network

Well, no console has ever sold LESS in it first year than the second, so it's pretty much guaranteed to sell 25 (lower echelon) to 45 million this year. Especially if Brawl preorders mean anything. You hear about the store that had 800 preorders but was only allocated 156 copies???

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

with JohnLucas getting all his predictions right, he'll have to cede his idiot title at this rate!

time to get some wrong, JL

the Wii is an epidemic.

Well done no-one believed you and most laughed at you. 20m, what a joke and you showed them. I thought the same no way could it happened and you showed me.60m by the end of 08. Im with ya. we will show them. I think you will get the same reaction though but i'll stick with you.

In order to reach 60m by the end of 2008, Nintendo will need to produce (and sell) an average of 3.3 million Wiis per month. The most current info we have on production is that it increased to 1.8m in August. I think it's obvious that Nintendo will need to increase production again, but they have been extremely conservative in this regard. Will they invest their enormous profits into enormous hardware and disc production factories, or swim in enormous pools filled with gold coins?

tiachopvutru said:
Entroper said:

That one is even crazier... Honestly no so sure how it can even reach there, if it ever does by this year. 

Well John says it does. When he haven't been practically spot-on with his predictions considering the Wii? Don't count Wii Fit in. :)

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.