By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TERA Online, Action MMORPG Now Free to Play, GOGOGO!

Tagged games:

TERA Rising: Play for free!

The Discovery Edition is now called the "Unlimited Free Trial". Starting February 5th 2013, TERA will be free!

TERA: Rising will include exciting new content and eliminate the subscription fee!

If you purchased TERA in the past, your access to TERA will remain the same - you'll have eight character slots, four bank tabs, and an additional mount to go along with your new "Founder" title.

For more information see below.

So, if you wanted to try TERA before but was put off by the monthly fees, you have to worry no more! Go for it! http://tera.enmasse.com/

Around the Network

Too many of these out there now. Heard this one has good combat though. I still need to play Guild Wars 2 more. Still so much to do. I think time for paid subscription models is over now unless a game is as famous as WOW.

I liked TERA. I played while sub based, i have an account, but i dont feel compelled to play anymore (mostly because of the grindy nature of endgame and chance to fail enchantments).
Actually im starting to feel burned out of MMORPG's. They bore me to tears.

The only exception to me is SWTOR. It now has 6 week content updates, weekly/bi-weekly shop content updates and an expansion coming this spring. Its alot better managed, the engine is beeing opimised, the bugs have been taken care of for the most part, its really turning out quite good now. Its also making good money now so more support is garanteed.
On top of all that, you can also play for free, but the incentives to sub are compelling with content updates that come so often.

Sorry, its a TERA thread and i ended up promoting SWTOR. TERA is quite good, definitly worth a shot to everyone. Great combat system.

BasilZero said:
I heard it has a level cap compared to how it was before, is that true?

Not as far as I know, I logged in yesterday and my 60 characters are still standing there in shinning armors and whatnot, they even gave me a new mount for being a founding member lol.

dahuman said:

Not as far as I know, I logged in yesterday and my 60 characters are still standing there in shinning armors and whatnot, they even gave me a new mount for being a founding member lol.

are you an US user ? or do the europeans also get the mount ? I thought it was only for paying costumers afaik (here in europe)
if not maybe I should dl and play it again. Played for 2 months, when it still was sub based. It was a pretty good game.

Around the Network
Lusche said:
dahuman said:

are you an US user ? or do the europeans also get the mount ? I thought it was only for paying costumers afaik (here in europe)
if not maybe I should dl and play it again. Played for 2 months, when it still was sub based. It was a pretty good game.

I just know about the NA server stuff.

dahuman said:

I just know about the NA server stuff.

ah ok the europeans just getting shafted like always ...
mount only for paying ones, not for veterans and I think the prices in the store are like 1000% higher than in the us store (maybe not 1000% but way too high)

pezus said:
This reminds me that I downloaded SWTOR a while back and haven't played at all. No time! So should I play that instead of Tera?

play swtor for the story mode, and when you have seen all come back to tera for long time motivation :p

edit:
the story mode in swtor is great, rest soso hmm ...
didnt like the rest that much.