By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reverse-Engineering Reveals Wii U To Be Underwhelming for a Next Generation Console

Sal.Paradise said:
disolitude said:
Sal.Paradise said:
disolitude said:
Meh...people on this site really need to chillax about console power. 3DS rapes PSVita in terms of fun factor and it's like 1/2 as powerful...

I think you were trying make a point about the subjective nature of enjoyment here but screwed up half way through 

Anyway, dupe thread so I say lock, the thread you should all be following anyway is here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511628&page=24

My point is simple... more hardware power =/ better games.

WiiU is plenty powerful to provide Nintendo quality gaming and 3rd party ports.  People who think next console gen is going to be be all/and of of graphics are going to be very dissapointed. 

Yes I agree with the first sentence, in essence. I got jumpy because I felt "3DS rapes PSVita in terms of fun factor"  was a bit of a pointed way to make that argument. That's just me being sensitive though. 

Gotcha... Yeah my comment probably comes from the fact I had a PSVita for 6 days before I returned it to best buy. I found that the games just weren't fun even though they looked awesome. Uncharted looked great but gameplay came off very forced and kinda boring. The whole touching the screen thing was not necessary at all. 3DS manages to engage the gamer better with touch screen and gameplay with much lesser hardware. 

Wipeout was the funnes game I played on the system...good old Wipeout, never dissapoints. 

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Sal.Paradise said:
disolitude said:
Sal.Paradise said:
disolitude said:
Meh...people on this site really need to chillax about console power. 3DS rapes PSVita in terms of fun factor and it's like 1/2 as powerful...

I think you were trying make a point about the subjective nature of enjoyment here but screwed up half way through 

Anyway, dupe thread so I say lock, the thread you should all be following anyway is here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511628&page=24

My point is simple... more hardware power =/ better games.

WiiU is plenty powerful to provide Nintendo quality gaming and 3rd party ports.  People who think next console gen is going to be be all/and of of graphics are going to be very dissapointed. 

Yes I agree with the first sentence, in essence. I got jumpy because I felt "3DS rapes PSVita in terms of fun factor"  was a bit of a pointed way to make that argument. That's just me being sensitive though. 

Gotcha... Yeah my comment probably comes from the fact I had a PSVita for 6 days before I returned it to best buy. I found that the games just weren't fun even though they looked awesome. Uncharted looked great but gameplay came off very forced and kinda boring. The whole touching the screen thing was not necessary at all. 3DS manages to engage the gamer better with touch screen and gameplay with much lesser hardware. 

Wipeout was the funnes game I played on the system...good old Wipeout, never dissapoints. 

That's ok, you don't have to explain it to me. Personal preference.

I haven't actually bought Wipeout yet, because I refuse to pay the current prices for a 32gb mem card and my 4gb is full. Siiigh. 

Yeah, we already have two threads discussion the Wii U's GPU capabilities:

Feel free to discuss the news in those threads.

Locking. ^_^

Yes, I'm sure WiiU won't get COD, even though Wii did and the difference was far bigger. xD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046