By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge coming to PS3, Xbox 360

Sh1nn said:

Besides the obvious Ninja Gaiden...
Skull Girls, PS3, 1500 yen. Finally makes it to Japan!

Around the Network

I thought it was already confirmed that all the updates from the Wii U version were going to be released as a patch update for the PS360? Wouldn't this just be packaging those updates on a new disk pressing, like a GOTY? Anyways, not really shocking.

Or is there all new content not in the Wii U version? If so that new content should be patched into the Wii U version, if we're being fair.

Barozi said:
Mr Khan said:
Barozi said:
Not gonna play through this again.

Set me straight on this one, Barozi, what was missing from the original version, exactly? I had heard that the kunai wall-climbing mechanics were more difficult, that dismemberments and Obliteration techniques were gone, that there was no combo counter, and that the game was "less technical." Could you clarify?

eh better read through the Wiki article or something, I stopped caring about it a long time ago.

Just a few things: only a Katana and the bow as main weapons, one ninpo, no Ayane, no possibility to upgrade weapons/charatcer, obviously no dismemberment either. The original Ninja Gaiden 3 was really just a beta at most.

Adding to that the already bad story, below average graphics, unexciting bosses, bad level design, QTEs (that can be disabled though), repeatedly respawning enemies and a pathetic camera.

...?  I got the game before it was released.  You're given 3 weapons and you can cut anyone up to pieces...  is my copy special or was this all in an update?

It's cool and all but, who is going to buy it at this point? o_O;

i thought this was confirmed like a month ago?

Around the Network

Well I was expecting Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3, but this will do fine. The offer is accepted. It better not have the graphical and technical issue the Wii U version had.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Mr Khan said:

Very different situations. NG3RE was the case of Nintendo funding a port with additional content. Bayonetta 2 is Nintendo putting money down for the entire game, and probably exclusive publishing rights.

Which leads to another interesting possibility for this situation: what if Nintendo has exclusive publishing rights to Razor's Edge, but only for North America and Europe? This is a Japanese retail listing, after all, and i don't think Nintendo was involved in helping the game's distribution in Japan. Could be that the Razor's Edge game for PS360 is Japan-only.

I think that is the current status, Nintendo has the publishing rights for Europe and America, and Tecmo has them for Japan. It is possible that this re-release can be a Japan exclusive, unless Tecmo wants to take back the publishing rights from Nintendo (which I doubt), or has some kind of agreement with them.

flagstaad said:
Mr Khan said:

Very different situations. NG3RE was the case of Nintendo funding a port with additional content. Bayonetta 2 is Nintendo putting money down for the entire game, and probably exclusive publishing rights.

Which leads to another interesting possibility for this situation: what if Nintendo has exclusive publishing rights to Razor's Edge, but only for North America and Europe? This is a Japanese retail listing, after all, and i don't think Nintendo was involved in helping the game's distribution in Japan. Could be that the Razor's Edge game for PS360 is Japan-only.

I think that is the current status, Nintendo has the publishing rights for Europe and America, and Tecmo has them for Japan. It is possible that this re-release can be a Japan exclusive, unless Tecmo wants to take back the publishing rights from Nintendo (which I doubt), or has some kind of agreement with them.

Who knows, apparently Microsoft owns the publishing rights to Ninja Gaiden 2...

pezus said:
I thought it was exclusive to WiiU. The fuck.

remeberber Tecmo use to release Sigma for thee PS3 when the franchise was supose to be exclusive to 360. this one may have the sigma name behind it aswell.

Ill probably buy this, I want to reward them for realizing all the mistakes they made with vanilla. Hopefully 4 can bounce the series back to its glory.

Tbone said:
Omg i´m Shocked. So we have 3 versions of the same game in 1 1/2 years.

Vita version by years end.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype