By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge coming to PS3, Xbox 360

I liked this game. A lot. I hope it finds better sales on the PS3 and Xbox 360 if this is true.

Around the Network

i think next will be Bayonetta 2 coming to PS3 and X360 too...

Barozi said:
Mr Khan said:
Barozi said:
Not gonna play through this again.

Set me straight on this one, Barozi, what was missing from the original version, exactly? I had heard that the kunai wall-climbing mechanics were more difficult, that dismemberments and Obliteration techniques were gone, that there was no combo counter, and that the game was "less technical." Could you clarify?

eh better read through the Wiki article or something, I stopped caring about it a long time ago.

Just a few things: only a Katana and the bow as main weapons, one ninpo, no Ayane, no possibility to upgrade weapons/charatcer, obviously no dismemberment either. The original Ninja Gaiden 3 was really just a beta at most.

Adding to that the already bad story, below average graphics, unexciting bosses, bad level design, QTEs (that can be disabled though), repeatedly respawning enemies and a pathetic camera.

That does explain why the katana seemed to work best for most bosses, if they were all designed specifically for a game where katana was your only option. Also might explain why some of the higher level moves on the katana were able to "break" certain bosses, if you were never supposed to upgrade.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Turkish said:
Bbbu Bbuu bbuuut... Some people here were telling me Nintendo financed the game therefore the game could NEVER come out on PS360?

Depending on the contract, that might be the case. Recall that Team Ninja had to reprogram Sigma 2 from the ground up because Microsoft owned code rights for Ninja Gaiden 2. Although in Ninja Gaiden 3's case, the loophole would be easier, because a PS360-code version already exists, so at worse Team Ninja just has to re-code all the additional content, and not the entire game.

Omg i´m Shocked. So we have 3 versions of the same game in 1 1/2 years.

Around the Network
HokageTenshi said:

i think next will be Bayonetta 2 coming to PS3 and X360 too...

Very different situations. NG3RE was the case of Nintendo funding a port with additional content. Bayonetta 2 is Nintendo putting money down for the entire game, and probably exclusive publishing rights.

Which leads to another interesting possibility for this situation: what if Nintendo has exclusive publishing rights to Razor's Edge, but only for North America and Europe? This is a Japanese retail listing, after all, and i don't think Nintendo was involved in helping the game's distribution in Japan. Could be that the Razor's Edge game for PS360 is Japan-only.

Famitsu this week confirms Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge is coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on April 4 in Japan, making the jump to multiplatform from its former Wii U exclusivity.

The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions will have a new challenge called “Ninja Trials,” which will consist of 25 missions. New costumes are also being prepared. It will also include the Ayane, Momiji, and Kasumi playable characters released as free download content on the Wii U version.

http://gematsu.com/2013/02/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-confirmed-for-ps3-xbox-360

Weird if true. Either Nintendo never truly owned publishing rights to the game or they sold the rights back to Tecmo Koei for quick cash. My guess is the latter.

Deyon said:
The Ninja Gaiden franchise is like a whore.

It cheats on you and goes around banging everyone.

I loled. Tales series is kind of like that too.