By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii, PS3 Software Attach Rate Still Behind Xbox 360

uninteresting
he is just making statement and we dont know how he calculates attach rate (at least I dont know)

Time to Work !

Around the Network

http://wii.ign.com/articles/847/847472p1.html

NPD data shows that in December Wii had the largest attach rate of all consoles, which is quite an achievement considering the killer-apps on the other consoles.

Wii: 8.1
360: 7.7
PS3 5.0

As for overall attach rates I think you must compare the first year of 360 with the first year of PSWii. I think they will all be very close.

Auron said:
US only i assume.

It is actually the same here in Norway, makes sense to me since it's been out far longer at any rate.

Where did they get that number? MS stated the attach rate for America was 7.0, and I am very sure the attach rates in PAL and JP would only pull it down.

According to VGC American
360 - 7.5 (includes Forza/Marvel bundle)
PS3 - 5.2 (includes Motorstorm bundle)
Wii 5.5 (inc Wii sports)

without bundles PS3 is probably at 5.0, 360 at 7.0 [like NPD said] and Wii is at 4.5.

So the 8.8 is BS

(If PAL has a lower attach rate than America then it will pull it below 7.0)

Gamespot is a "hardcore" game store. They must be using their own internal attach rates. Doesn't surprise me that the 360 and PS3 attach rates are inflated compared to the Wii which should have a comparatively higher attach rate in say Walmart, Target, or Toys R Us. Still think he should ignore the Wii at his own peril though. Casual doesn't mean they don't have disposible income.

Around the Network

Japan attach rates VGC

360 - 4.1 (due to generally low sales might only pull total down to 6.9)

PS3 2.0 (could pull PS3 total down a few points... maybe to 4.7 from 5.0

Wii - 3.0 (might pull it down to 4.0 from 4.5)

-----------
And although we have no software totals for Others I am sure they would help Wii a little [pull it up to 4.5 again?], help PS3 quite a bit [up to 5.5?], and drop 360 further [probably below 6.5]

So my estimates put it at 4.5, 5.5 and 6.5 for Wii, PS3 and 360 respectively [bundles not included]