By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed -

Coca-Cola said:

Are you ready to be a Dark Jedi?  To be Darth Vader's apprentice?

I already did that, in Tie-Fighter. It's good to be an old school gamer! :)

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
It'll sell tons. If the Wii controls work out great, it could actually be the superior version. Big "If" right there though.

I wouldn't expect the Wii version to be anything good.

Don't forget, it's the only version with multiplayer, so if they nail the controls, it would be EPIC!  Also, saber-swooshing sounds through the Wii-mote speaker

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Right here is the information in bullet form:

• The Force Unleashed is being developed and being released on 6 different platforms (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, DS).
  • The game utilises 3 different interactive engines, Havok, Euphoria & DMM (Digital Molecular Matter).
  • Only the 360 and PS3 versions of the game will use all 3 engines (Havok, Euphoria & DMM).
  • The Wii, PS2 and PSP versions will only use the Havok Physics engine (don't know about the DS).
  • The Havok Physics engine was incorporated into Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow.
  • The 360 and PS3 versions of the game are being developed in-house by LucasArts.
  • The Wii, PS2 and PSP versions are being developed by Krome Studios.
  • The DS version is being developed by Nspace.
  • The games lead platforms are the 360 and PS3, hence the work in-house with those versions while the trimmed down versions of the games are being handled by other studios.
  • The Wii, PS2 and PSP versions will include unique features and extra environments to compensate for the lack of Euphoria and DMM. 
  • The game is due for release in Summer 2008

In addition to the above information, there is a video of the PSP version doing the rounds and graphically it looks very good.  So the PS2 and Wii versions should look very good although not as good as the 360 and PS3 versions though.

Hope this helps people understand what is happening.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

IIRC they said back in Dec that there would be no PC version of the game.

I could probably rant for an hour or more on that subject but I'll just call them retards and leave it at that.

PS - There has been a petition going around for the PC version for almost a year now so the may have changed it /shrug doubt it.

To Each Man, Responsibility

http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/star-wars-the-force-unleashed/847629p1.html

Although every version of The Force Unleashed will follow the story of Darth Vader's Jedi-whupping apprentice, each version of the game will also have unique features and gameplay design. LucasArts stressed this heavily, but it also showed in the gameplay: these are not ports. There is one team on the HD versions, one studio on the PSP, PS2, and Wii versions, and one studio on the DS versions.

She May Not Look Like Much...

After showing off the eye-blistering power of the HD-gen versions of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, LucasArts surprised us by jumping right into a Wii demonstration. What surprised us was that it looked to be just as compelling. We're not signing off on the high-gloss features of the HD-gen versions, such as the Digital Molecular Matter and Euphoria technologies, or the high-def visuals. But after seeing the Jedi temple exploration, a level not present on the HD-gen versions of the game, we are just as excited for the Wii version as we are for the HD-gen versions. This is, we think, a first.

One of the first things shown off for the Wii was the use of the Wii Remote as the lightsaber control, via motion-sensing. Since this isn't a dueling game but a "kicking ass with the Force" game, the controls aren't too complex. The lightsaber is just one Force-driven piece of ass-kickery. Watching the Secret Apprentice whup on the Stormtroopers and Royal Shadow Guard (we think -- not totally certain on that guy!) who were stationed to defend the ruins of the Jedi temple in the wake of Order 66, we saw very soft motions in any direction easily translated into fluid, cool-looking lightsaber attacks. We think that we're going to be very pleased with the final version of the Wii lightsaber controls.

Beyond that, the game looks much more comfortable with its own gameplay than the HD-gen version. Without the need to invent their own technological wheels, the current-gen (and yeah, that includes the Wii) team seems to be able to focus on gameplay. The encounters between the Apprentice and the Stormtroopers in the tight corridors of the Temple and its wide-open spaces were fantastic clashes, with crumbling stonework and collapsible walls making sure that Force powers got as many chances to look cool as possible. But the real cherry of this demo was the Jedi trial.

The trial manifested as a duel / boss fight versus Darth Desolous, an evil-looking alien garbed in red and black. His fighting style uses a massive black lightsaber-blocking shield, combined with his own lightsaber and Force attacks. As a Jedi trial, he's presumably a vision quest used to help tame the Dark Side. Of course, you can instead learn the melee-enhancing Dark Rage power if you defeat him here. The boss fights will lock you into an alternative "arena" camera, enhancing the overall presentation of fights. You'll also be able to "Force lock" and "saber lock," representing climactic moments when two combatants send Force power arcing at each other at the same moment, or when they find themselves fighting saber-to-saber. These moments will require rotating the Remote or nunchuk just so, following on-screen instructions, until you or your enemy seize the initiative and can punch forward, buying a momentary advantage.

The big exclusive feature for the Wii version, other than awesome sword-fighting controls, is duel mode. Duel mode lets you take your choice of character (Mara Jade was confirmed, presumably to sooth furious fans in the wake of recent expanded universe events) and your choice of level, and battle it out in a no-holds-barred two-player battle. We saw Kashyyk and Genosis confirmed as battle venues, as well as Hoth. The mode looks pretty simplistic, to be honest, but fun. With confined spaces to fight in that promise plenty of obstacles (like rebel soldiers shooting from the edges in the TIE hangar level) and ready Force ammo (like a destructible TIE fighter in the same level), duel mode should be low-key fun.

But She's Got It Where It Counts

We're pretty excited to see what LucasArts has planned for The Force Unleashed on current-gen. Most publishers and developers can't push wholly unique versions of games for alternate platforms, instead just down-scaling an existing HD-gen title for current-gen and handhelds and calling it a day. With this version of The Force Unleashed covering all the content of the other titles (as detailed in our 360 preview), as well as adding unique areas to explore that reveal a bit more of the Secret Apprentice's past and even a unique multiplayer offering, we think we're going to be a bit spoiled when it comes to The Force Unleashed on the Wii. And we could use being spoiled now and again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

This version is now an ABSOLUTE MUST-HAVE FOR ME!!!!  Ben, I don't think you need to worry anymore--apparently the lightsaber controls are spot-on, fluid, and fun, and saber-duels will be absolutely intense!

Wassat?  A T-P is actually taking the Wii version of a multiplat seriously?  And it looks like it's actually going to pay off?  NO WAI!!!!!!!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Also, might I add that the game looks fantastic for a Wii game.

It looks interesting..

Hi i'm new
Prediction:
EA will buy as many Companies they can,so they can make a super Console that
will have the most exclusive games, and Will win the next GEN

@thekitchensink,

Wow fantastic find! Thanks for posting it~

To Each Man, Responsibility

Highly anticipating this release! I love the Star Wars Universe, especially the power of the force!

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

This looks like one of those very few games that are actually doing something useful with the horsepower of the HD consoles, rather than just adding a few more pixels. You could port Gears of War, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Halo 3 etc to the Wii with the exact same gameplay, but this game just wouldn't be the same.

I was initially pretty skeptical about the Wii version, thinking the publishers would again put their best team on the HD version and do a Wii/PS2 version on par with Soul Calibur Legends, but it looks like this is one of the first cases of a multiplat game where all versions are given a roughly equal amount of time and effort.

I don't even like Star Wars all that much, but I'm seriously considering getting both the 360 and Wii versions now. Probably not straight away, but definitely going to at least try them eventually.