By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U GPU Die Image! Chipworks is AWESOME!

timmah said:
ninjablade said:
timmah said:

LOL, you didn't address any of the obvious issues that were pointed out regarding your flamebait sig. The WiiU CPU is OOOE, while the 360 CPU is not, WiiU CPU has more, faster cache, and is highly specialized. Just based on what is assumed, 353gflops with added fixed functions and more modern tech (such as tessellation) is not 'on par' with 240gflops on outdated tech with DX9 instructions and no mondern enhancements. Even so, about half of the blocks on the GPU are not identified, and there's speculation that some of them could be asymetric shaders that would push the guess of 353gflops up higher. You're assuming that the 50% unidentified blocks do absolutely nothing to add to the real-world power, so what are they, decoration? It's pretty obvious that some of the unidentified parts of a 'custom' GPU would be the 'custom' parts, designed to enhance performance/efficiency in some way (fixed functions, asymetrical shaders, whatever). 2GB RAM is not 'on par' with 512MB (and your throughput assumption is just a guess based on single channel RAM, it could be double that with dual channel, so just another piece of speculation). Your sig is such obvious flamebait.

Look, nobody thinks that the WiiU is as powerful as the PS4/Nextbox will be, but it is simply not 'on par' with or weaker than the PS360 either, simply due to modern architecture and DX11 feature set - irrespective of FLOPS (which are higher in your sig anyway!). It's obvious that the WiiU's GPU is very efficient, something that the PS3 and 360 are certainly not. If we go with the 'guess' that exists now, 353 highly efficient GFlops (based only on 50% of the GPU blocks) with fixed functions & better instruction set >>>>>>>> 240Gflops on old, outdated, inefficient tech. We'll just need to wait for games built specifically for the architecture to see this.

I changed my sig to be more accurate, still the over all consensus is on par with current gen on beyond3d, i'm not gonna trust your nintendo biased anylasis, i would love to see you post your theory on beyond3d, and if people agree with you i will be happy to eat crow, still i find it funny that every single cpu intensive game was inferior on wiiu compared to current gen, not to mention many games had bandwidth issue, and no graphical upgrades what so ever sure doesn't scream new tech to me. if a mod has a problem with my sig, they can message me.

Some rushed CPU intensive ports programmed & optimized for older architecture had issues, a GPU intensive game programmed for newer architecture (Trine 2) was able to pull off graphical effects not possible on the older consoles at higher resolution with better results in every catagory. Different architecture, not equal to or on par, and not fully understood yet. I already said PS4/Nextbox will be quite a bit more a bit more powerful, so not sure why you think I'm being Nintendo biased on that. You're clearly more biased against Nintendo than just about anybody I've seen here, why the crusade against Nintendo? You pretty much have an orgasm any time something suggests the WiiU is 'weak' or 'underpowered'. It's pretty pathetic IMO.

so now i'm being on a crusade cause i believe what tech experts on beyond3d tell me about the wiiu, if i believed you guys i would have thought the wiiu was close to durango in power, first before i post i read both neogaf and beyond3d for a long time, i make sure everybody agrees on the scenerio, that why most of my post are based mainly on facts. 

Around the Network
timmah said:
ninjablade said:
timmah said:

LOL, you didn't address any of the obvious issues that were pointed out regarding your flamebait sig. The WiiU CPU is OOOE, while the 360 CPU is not, WiiU CPU has more, faster cache, and is highly specialized. Just based on what is assumed, 353gflops with added fixed functions and more modern tech (such as tessellation) is not 'on par' with 240gflops on outdated tech with DX9 instructions and no mondern enhancements. Even so, about half of the blocks on the GPU are not identified, and there's speculation that some of them could be asymetric shaders that would push the guess of 353gflops up higher. You're assuming that the 50% unidentified blocks do absolutely nothing to add to the real-world power, so what are they, decoration? It's pretty obvious that some of the unidentified parts of a 'custom' GPU would be the 'custom' parts, designed to enhance performance/efficiency in some way (fixed functions, asymetrical shaders, whatever). 2GB RAM is not 'on par' with 512MB (and your throughput assumption is just a guess based on single channel RAM, it could be double that with dual channel, so just another piece of speculation). Your sig is such obvious flamebait.

Look, nobody thinks that the WiiU is as powerful as the PS4/Nextbox will be, but it is simply not 'on par' with or weaker than the PS360 either, simply due to modern architecture and DX11 feature set - irrespective of FLOPS (which are higher in your sig anyway!). It's obvious that the WiiU's GPU is very efficient, something that the PS3 and 360 are certainly not. If we go with the 'guess' that exists now, 353 highly efficient GFlops (based only on 50% of the GPU blocks) with fixed functions & better instruction set >>>>>>>> 240Gflops on old, outdated, inefficient tech. We'll just need to wait for games built specifically for the architecture to see this.

I changed my sig to be more accurate, still the over all consensus is on par with current gen on beyond3d, i'm not gonna trust your nintendo biased anylasis, i would love to see you post your theory on beyond3d, and if people agree with you i will be happy to eat crow, still i find it funny that every single cpu intensive game was inferior on wiiu compared to current gen, not to mention many games had bandwidth issue, and no graphical upgrades what so ever sure doesn't scream new tech to me. if a mod has a problem with my sig, they can message me.

Some rushed CPU intensive ports programmed & optimized for older architecture had issues, a GPU intensive game programmed for newer architecture (Trine 2) was able to pull off graphical effects not possible on the older consoles at higher resolution with better results in every catagory. Different architecture, not equal to or on par, and not fully understood yet. I already said PS4/Nextbox will be quite a bit more a bit more powerful, so not sure why you think I'm being Nintendo biased on that. You're clearly more biased against Nintendo than just about anybody I've seen here, why the crusade against Nintendo? You pretty much have an orgasm any time something suggests the WiiU is 'weak' or 'underpowered'. It's pretty pathetic IMO.

Because it gets attention.  Seriously, I don't understand how people who post on internet forums so much don't get how these things work.

_crazy_man_ said:
dahuman said:
_crazy_man_ said:
dahuman said:
Kaizar said:
fillet said:

Proof that the Wii-U is no better performance wise than current gen consoles is finally arriving.

Eat my shorts non believers.

It has a minimum of 480 shader cores VS. 48 on the 360.

It uses 2010 technology VS. 2004 technology on the 360.

It has a 2 GB RAM vs. 256 RAM in 360.

It has somewhere from 500 to a little over 1,000 GFLOPs.

It has 5.3 GHz Wireless VS. 2.4 GHz Wireless on the 360.

So may I ask you what the funky wackos are you talking about?

360 has 512MB RAM :P

Though it's slower right?

I have no clue at this point, Wii U is so fucking customized that I literally have no thought on it right now, too many damn black boxes to even get a good idea.

I was only talking RAM.

oh shit the bandwidth in that chip is fucking ridiculous if you are just talking about the SRAM, and the eDRAMs in the GPU, it's comparable to the nextbox and ps4 rumored memory speeds and might be faster in some cases. The systems RAM would be for other purposes and for piling information on the fly which is plenty fine for that. It's almost like Wii U was built as a really efficient 720P machine to start with.

You are on a crusade Ninja you're on the Nintendo boards frequently and post the same stance everytime.

Wyrdness said:

You are on a crusade Ninja you're on the Nintendo boards frequently and post the same stance everytime.

i like talking about tech, is that a problem, if i was spreading lies then fine, but i'm not.

Around the Network

lol ninjablade
your sig is going against you, it just proves how even on raw power WiiU is beyond current gen, and that if we dont count efficiency in

suming up, WiiU is ~50% more powerful than the 360, it is way smaller and only uses 33w, high variety of control methods and it only costs 299€

ninjablade said:
Wyrdness said:

i like talking about tech, is that a problem, if i was spreading lies then fine, but i'm not.

You are though and consistently, you got called out on your sig (which still has an untrue statement in it) and in previous threads you've used untrue arguments, you only support anti-Nintendo statements even if they're blatently false.

dahuman said:
_crazy_man_ said:
dahuman said:
_crazy_man_ said:
dahuman said:
Kaizar said:
fillet said:

Proof that the Wii-U is no better performance wise than current gen consoles is finally arriving.

Eat my shorts non believers.

It has a minimum of 480 shader cores VS. 48 on the 360.

It uses 2010 technology VS. 2004 technology on the 360.

It has a 2 GB RAM vs. 256 RAM in 360.

It has somewhere from 500 to a little over 1,000 GFLOPs.

It has 5.3 GHz Wireless VS. 2.4 GHz Wireless on the 360.

So may I ask you what the funky wackos are you talking about?

360 has 512MB RAM :P

Though it's slower right?

I have no clue at this point, Wii U is so fucking customized that I literally have no thought on it right now, too many damn black boxes to even get a good idea.

I was only talking RAM.

oh shit the bandwidth in that chip is fucking ridiculous if you are just talking about the SRAM, and the eDRAMs in the GPU, it's comparable to the nextbox and ps4 rumored memory speeds and might be faster in some cases. The systems RAM would be for other purposes and for piling information on the fly which is plenty fine for that. It's almost like Wii U was built as a really efficient 720P machine to start with.

And now I know.  Thanks.

Hopefully Chipworks releases the CPU die pictures soon.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

DieAppleDie said:
lol ninjablade
your sig is going against you, it just proves how even on raw power WiiU is beyond current gen, and that is we dont count efficiency in

suming up, WiiU is 50% more powerful than the 360, it is way smaller and only uses 33w, high variety of control methods and it only costs 299€

it depends if you don't understand tech, the wii main 1gb memory pool is 44% slower then 360, the cpu is also weaker, so it even out, this what i was told by mods and members on beyond3d, these people are experts are respected for the tech expertise, i also stated the guy that got the gpu pic from neogaf went on the beyond3d board to ask for help.

edit 1BG RESERVED FOR OS.

Wyrdness said:
ninjablade said:
Wyrdness said:

You are though and consistently, you got called out on your sig (which still has an untrue statement in it) and in previous threads you've used untrue arguments, you only support anti-Nintendo statements even if they're blatently false.

i already fixed it though, tell me what i lied about, i would love know . PM and let me know.