By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Results: Top 5 Single-Player Games of the Generation

pezus said:
Boom, there goes the dynamite. Uncharted 3 should be right next to UC2 but that's just me.

The top 3 -> UC2, GoW3 and ME2 were released in 09,10 and 10 respectively.

MGS4 is rather.. special. I mean, I fucking love it, but I know those that despise it to hell. I reckon it doesnt appeal to everyone and therefore not everyone will play it/finish it/enjoy it.

UC3 is a ..fairly "new" title in contrast. I actually know a handful who've "only played the 2nd one". Think it has to do with the fact that 2009 had UC2 being THE game you had to play whereas 2011 had SOO many games (Skyrim, Portal 2, Batman AC to name a few [none of which made it to the top 5 btw]).

And by looking at the top in terms of points.. (putting UC2 aside), UC3 was only 3-4 points away from second place (Hell all games were close). Basically if one more had voted and placed UC3 on 1st or 2nd place, and not mentioning GoW -> It would've been there xD.

But go look at the voting for best PS3 game of the generation where far more people voted. Its a tad different there =

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152825&page=

1.  Uncharted 2 - 106 points

2.  Uncharted 3 - 77 points

3.  God of War III - 62 points

4.  Metal Gear Solid 4 - 52 points

5.  Demon's Souls - 43 points

(Also funny note, IGN's top PS3 games had UC3 on 1st place and UC2 on 2nd place. Gotta love UC <3 xD)

I'd say UC3 is "right up there".

For me personally, it surpasses UC2. But you cannot deny the leap from UC1 to UC2.

UC1 was a good game to me. UC2 set the ground for what would later become my favourite franchise by spousing my favourite game as its sequel. And for that, I am eternally grateful :'D

Both are the two best titles on the PS3... ...along with MGS4 and GoW3 XD.

(I like UC3 the most followed by MGS4, then UC2 and lastly GoW3).

Hell the fact that we're even discussing this shows the insane calibre of Sony's 1st party devs. To even think we got Ascension and TLOU coming this late. Fuck me.

Around the Network

I did my little Penguin dance. Love it. 

spurgeonryan said:

So Galaxy games, Skyward Sword?

I don't know if they considered Galaxy to be Single-Player or not... but it should still be up there.

spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
No Nintendo games? The sales say differently.

This is single-player only. 

So Galaxy games, Skyward Sword?

They both did well.  I originally had Uncharted 3 undertracked and Zelda was at the 5 spot.  So it is 6th

Make sure to vote in the top 10.  I hate the top 10 threads but itll be the last competition beofre all the rsults are in

No problem at all. Im going to have vgchartz top 10 but there is two other ways ill show them as well because I highly doubt that it'll be all that accurate. So far though the top 5's has been pretty good other than the lost odyssey making it in. I dont really agree with that one lol

Around the Network

Thinking better now... I will replace Mass Effect 2 with Demon's Souls and U2 with U3.

My personal list...

Gran Turismo 5
Uncharted 3/Uncharted 2
God of War III
MGS4
Demon's Souls

ethomaz said:
Thinking better now... I will replace Mass Effect 2 with Demon's Souls and U2 with U3.

My personal list...

Gran Turismo 5
Uncharted 3/Uncharted 2
God of War III
MGS4
Demon's Souls

Y u no liek Killzone 2 :'(

Aldro said:
ethomaz said:

My personal list...

Gran Turismo 5
Uncharted 3/Uncharted 2
God of War III
MGS4
Demon's Souls

Y u no liek Killzone 2 :'(

I loved... like I loved LittleBigPlanet too but there is room just for five games