By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Nex gen Xbox / 720 Thread (7 Days left! New Poll added!)

What are you most excited to see at the reveal?

1st party games / exclusives 29 65.91%

The new OS 0 0%

New features / apps for Xbox Live 2 4.55%

The hardware / controller 3 6.82%

Kinect 2.0 3 6.82%

Other 2 4.55%

Total:39

Cool I wonder what Rare is working on. Anyway can't wait to hear some info on the next Xbox.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Cool I wonder what Rare is working on. Anyway can't wait to hear some info on the next Xbox.

Rare are working on mutiple projects. Kinect Sports being one of them...

Can't wait for the reveal. Also the Rare messenger bags are cool.

Changes Afoot?

Site transferred to Microsoft's own dns network.

Around the Network

Its happening?

Nsanity said:
Its happening?

Could be, some decent amount of activity on the website.

If it really is the website for the Durango reveal it'd makes sense why they switched over from eventcore's servers to Microsoft's own, if they're doing a live stream it's unlikely eventcore's servers could deal with the pressure.

Ugh the wait is killing me! I really hope they announce the next Xbox soon.

The Xbox 8 controller will be based on the Ultra High Frequency range. Specifically 512 MHz - 698 MHz. The controller will auto-select the channel, spreading between 6 channels for every selected channel, using 8 of 10 available channels. At a minimum this allows 3 consoles across the spectrum, however it's possible more devices could be supported in this spectrum using sub-frequencies.

You'll note that recent rumors have suggested the Xbox 8 controller isn't compatible with the Xbox 360 controller and that the next Xbox will operate on a new frequency.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&S1=08406694&OS=PN/08406694&RS=PN/08406694

There are some additional interesting hints offered in that patent. Including an LCD display and haptic feedback on the controller as well as wireless-remote speakers or headsets/headphones.

They better do a price cut along with the 720 announcement. April is supposedly when they do this......do it soon MS!

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.