By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 4 prediction

1) price will be $400 and the bundle version $500
2) bundle version comes with a game and a year of subscription to psn+
3)dualshok4: you won't see a big design change, just a small touch screen in middle
4) uncharted is launch game and will be bundle with ps4
5)you don't have to pay 500 upfront, so sony will do something like microsoft , they will say if buy the $500 bundle and 2 years of psn+ ($100) you just have to pay 100 upront and $21 per month for 2 years
6) you will be able to use vita instead of dualshok4 ( like wii u )
7)4k support
8)ps Home will be supported - this time with fast load time
9) price of games will be $70
10) some sort of video stream subscription like netflix
11)only one or two games at launch will support 4k
12)ps move that you have for ps3 will be compatible with ps4
13)price of dualshok 4 will be 60
14)redesing of XMB
15)it will come have 500HD on launch
16)release date will be September
17)Last gaurdian will be one of launch titles
18)improved browser
so what is your prediction?

Around the Network

i expect pshome, to replace the xmb

007BondAgent said:
i expect pshome, to replace the xmb

yeah kinda of make sense but i think for some people would be confusing to use home. they might give you both options to use xmb or ps home

I'm not going to list my predictions because that's lame. Basically it'll look like a console. The color shall be black and will say "Ps4" somewhere on it's gorgous body. It will be a bit thinner than the fat Ps3. Dualshock 4 WILL NOT contain any touch ability and be pretty much the DS3 with some small changes (trigger buttons).

The Specs will be, uhhh, good. 

Home will be trashed, social networking will be a big thing on the home page when you turn on the console. New playstation store/XMB/all that good stuff. I could go on and on but it's all speculation so I'm going to sleep. OH and price will be no more than $399. Sony has learned their mistake on launch prices...

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:
give me a second

lol sure

Around the Network

It ain't gonna do 4k for games... Might support 4k for movies though...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

sepisfu said:

007BondAgent said:

i expect pshome to replace the xmb

yeah kinda of make sense (...)

Wha?! No, It does not! What are you guys...? Grrr. PS Home is terrible, definitely one of the worst things they've ever done. Why would anyone want it to be the default interface of anything?

I predict:

* No backward compatibility with PS3 games (and I would love to be wrong!).

* No PS Home at all (which is more like my wish; they will probably port it...).

Well these are more than predictions ;)

1. $450 basic, $550 with double memory and a month of PS+.

2. Backwards compatibility with digital PS3 games only through Gaikai. Other digital content can be locally played.

3. Controller has a central touch pad similar to Ouya. Coincidentally PS4 runs Android. Controller also breaks apart and has full motion sensing.

4. The controller has NFC.

5. Controller has traditionally placed analogs with convex tops.

6. PSEYE 3 is included. Has one camera, 1080x1920 at 30hz or 720x1280 at 60hz, and uses sound to calculate 3D depth.

7. Vita works flawlessly to replicate the Wii U experience. Only difference is it can also work over WiFi allowing full remote play.

8. Infamous 3 is a day one launch title.

9. PS4 can output 4K resolution during menus and content playback. Games are capped at 1080 until 4K TVs become more popular.

10. All games support 3D.

11. Looks similar to the PS2.

12. Can actively record screen output while you play. Also allows screen capture.

13. Games cost $60 still.

14. PSN stays free.

15. PS+ users can "loan" digital content to other PS+ users.

16. GUI is an upgraded version of LiveArea designed to work best with motion controls.

17. Almost all games have motion controls as an option. Of course a few require it.

18. Console is sold for a $160 loss at $450 and a $130 loss at $550.

19. PS4 releases September 17 in Japan and America. Europe gets a release two weeks later.

20. PS4 can be remotely operated by smart devices.

The only thing I don't know is when this information will be revealed or if it will change.

JoeTheBro said:

Well these are more than predictions ;)

1. $450 basic, $550 with double memory and a month of PS+.

2. Backwards compatibility with digital PS3 games only through Gaikai. Other digital content can be locally played.

3. Controller has a central touch pad similar to Ouya. Coincidentally PS4 runs Android. Controller also breaks apart and has full motion sensing.

4. The controller has NFC.

5. Controller has traditionally placed analogs with convex tops.

6. PSEYE 3 is included. Has one camera, 1080x1920 at 30hz or 720x1280 at 60hz, and uses sound to calculate 3D depth.

7. Vita works flawlessly to replicate the Wii U experience. Only difference is it can also work over WiFi allowing full remote play.

8. Infamous 3 is a day one launch title.

9. PS4 can output 4K resolution during menus and content playback. Games are capped at 1080 until 4K TVs become more popular.

10. All games support 3D.

11. Looks similar to the PS2.

12. Can actively record screen output while you play. Also allows screen capture.

13. Games cost $60 still.

14. PSN stays free.

15. PS+ users can "loan" digital content to other PS+ users.

16. GUI is an upgraded version of LiveArea designed to work best with motion controls.

17. Almost all games have motion controls as an option. Of course a few require it.

18. Console is sold for a $160 loss at $450 and a $130 loss at $550.

19. PS4 releases September 17 in Japan and America. Europe gets a release two weeks later.

20. PS4 can be remotely operated by smart devices.

The only thing I don't know is when this information will be revealed or if it will change.

"controller also breaks apart and has full motion sensing." it is a cool idea but i don't think it will happen

Hardware

$449 Basic SKU 500GB Hardrive
$549 Pro SKU, 1TB Hardrive, 1 month PS plus and Game
Dualshock 4 with small touch screen and proper triggers

Features

4k Resolution UI and Menus
4k Upscaling of Blu Rays
4k PSN styled Games
Gaikai integration
Video Streaming services with 4k Streaming options
Cross Game Chat
Vastly improved multitasking