By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamestop opens Mario Kart pre-orders, and gives release date.

They are just using this date as a reason to start pre-orders. It will probably be a summer release. That would be the best business move.

Around the Network

i expect aug/sept release

march=brawl
may=wii fit
aug/sept=mario kart

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Is unlikely to release in April

Stores do this all the time for reasons already stated so it’s hardly surprising. Anyway, thinking it will be April 2nd is just wishful and unfounded.

Maybe mid or near end of April, but it's too soon to be early April...I'll still be obsessedwith Brawl and most likely won't get this immediately.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Mario Kart will be realeased in sep-nov 08

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

They should have put the release date as April 1st, then we would really know right? ;-p

Is Kart going to be a Worldwide release? A Japan first release? Have they said anything about that?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I'm thinking more around July. Nintendo will want to put out a game during those dry summer months.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Way too early. Ninty cannot keep up with software production as it is.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I think Kart will be at earliest in August.