By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live arcade Sets new record

Congrates to MS. There were so many great Arcade (exclusive or exclusive console version) games in 2012. I expect it will continue especially the 3 games announced in E3 2012 and the long-delayed Crimson Dragon.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Barozi said:
Lafiel said:

So PSN = XBLA minus Minecraft ?

Depends really. I have no clue what this numbers includes, so maybe you can help once more Ben ?

With or without Minis, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, PSV games ?

XBLA = XBLA games, not including anything that is from the Indie section, or Games on Demand

PSN Games = PSN downloadable games, with a scant few titles that may be considered analogous to Games on Demand (RE4HD, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Ratchet series, Jax series). No PS1/2/Vita games. Although I could probably make an estimate for something like VII, which is probably around 600-750k sold.

As for how the data is obtained... That is classified at the moment. Probably will tell later this year.

As always thank you for you work. I hope we'll see more press releases from you this year ;)

Also I noticed a small mistake on your chart. Trials Evolution sold over 1m units and the average price is $14.73 so it should generate more than $14.730.000 but it doesn't.

Damn right

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Barozi said:
mrstickball said:
Barozi said:
Lafiel said:

So PSN = XBLA minus Minecraft ?

Depends really. I have no clue what this numbers includes, so maybe you can help once more Ben ?

With or without Minis, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, PSV games ?

XBLA = XBLA games, not including anything that is from the Indie section, or Games on Demand

PSN Games = PSN downloadable games, with a scant few titles that may be considered analogous to Games on Demand (RE4HD, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Ratchet series, Jax series). No PS1/2/Vita games. Although I could probably make an estimate for something like VII, which is probably around 600-750k sold.

As for how the data is obtained... That is classified at the moment. Probably will tell later this year.

As always thank you for you work. I hope we'll see more press releases from you this year ;)

Also I noticed a small mistake on your chart. Trials Evolution sold over 1m units and the average price is $14.73 so it should generate more than $14.730.000 but it doesn't.

Ah. That'll be taken care of shortly.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Minecraft, Y U NO PS3

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Oh my.

ps3-sales! said:
Minecraft, Y U NO PS3

RAM.

All this money can't be right, STAGE keeps saying downloadable games are small and irrelevant.

J_Allard said:
All this money can't be right, STAGE keeps saying downloadable games are small and irrelevant.

It became relevant though when one GOTY ;).

Notch must be swimming in money.