By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony stock going up? Highest rating in 6 months

Tagged games:

BasilZero said:
People are finally buying the TVs!!!!!! l0l.

Cheap shot, Dude!

Around the Network

It can't be surprising, I mean it was so down that it could only go up.

BasilZero said:
Deyon said:
BasilZero said:
People are finally buying the TVs!!!!!! l0l.

Cheap shot, Dude!

Not really....;o

I actually love Sony's TVs and all the TVs I have are sony ones ;O

I was joking.

Damn those TV's, They are making SONY bleed billions!!

ridge racer is Sony's saving grace confirmed!!! :p

Nice Sony ^___^

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Does anyone know if an announcement of the PS4 will cause the stock to rise? I don't know much about the stock market, any experts out there?

RIM (blackberry people) had their blackberry 10 unveiling this week and their stock was around $16, the announcement turned out to be a lackluster, and they plummeted. They closed that day at around $12, 25% drop. So yes an announcement can cause a significant reaction to the stock.

Sony needs to impress two groups, us the consumers and the investors. They need to show investors that they can make a product that will sell like crazy and make them some money. Investors want to see DEMAND, if they do, they will buy the stock and price will go up. That simple.

The Ps4 and xperia Z have a lot of potential right now, so Sony could find itself at the right place at the right time. We have a bull market right now, the Dow closed 14,000 yesterday; the all time high is at 14,164 since 2007. A lot of money is coming into equity, and if Sony manages to not fuck up, then they will be ok, and come back in a big way. 

I think they report earning this Thursday, someone correct if I am wrong. The US dollar to yen is almost at 93, which will help Sony earning big time.

The planets are aligning :P

El_Machete said:
riderz13371 said:
Does anyone know if an announcement of the PS4 will cause the stock to rise? I don't know much about the stock market, any experts out there?

RIM (blackberry people) had their blackberry 10 unveiling this week and their stock was around $16, the announcement turned out to be a lackluster, and they plummeted. They closed that day at around $12, 25% drop. So yes an announcement can cause a significant reaction to the stock.

Sony needs to impress two groups, us the consumers and the investors. They need to show investors that they can make a product that will sell like crazy and make them some money. Investors want to see DEMAND, if they do, they will buy the stock and price will go up. That simple.

The Ps4 and xperia Z have a lot of potential right now, so Sony could find itself at the right place at the right time. We have a bull market right now, the Dow closed 14,000 yesterday; the all time high is at 14,164 since 2007. A lot of money is coming into equity, and if Sony manages to not fuck up, then they will be ok, and come back in a big way. 

I think they report earning this Thursday, someone correct if I am wrong. The US dollar to yen is almost at 93, which will help Sony earning big time.

The planets are aligning :P

Isn't the reason they will be posting an earning this quarter because they sold their NYC headquarters for 1.1B? I mean it's nice and all but I think it will be sweeter when they post earnings because they profited from selling a product or w.e. I like the direction Kaz is taking the company. He realizes they just aren't the same giant company they used to be and understand they need to downsize a little bit so they can handle their losses.

well lets hope the trend continues.

Sensei said:
You guys think Kaz is turning Sony around?

I'll wait until the new line of TVs and PS4 before I say anything assertive, but I'm quietly confident.

Sensei said:
It is not a secret that Sony has been in trouble in recent years. However Kaz Hirai has taken charge and promised to restructure Sony and bring it back to profitability. Recently they sold NYC building and now their stock went up again 8.5% in Tokyo due to reports that Sony will sell lithium-ion battery operations, the Yen exchange rate changes also did benefit Sony.
I've checked Sony's stock and it looks like it is highest in 6 months. You guys think Kaz is turning Sony around?

Sony Corporation (ADR)
NYSE: SNE - Feb 1 4:00pm ET
15.13+0.19‎ (1.27%‎)
1d
5d
1m
6m
1y
5y
max
Open
High
Low
Volume
Avg Vol
Mkt Cap
15.18B

So far he is doing a brilliant job. It also looks like he realises the importance of being the first to announce new products as has been done with the Xperia Z and possibly the PS4. Plus with him getting the different departments within Sony to aid each other in tech development, that is a very promising step to take and also worrying to think they weren't doing it before. 

Sony have always tried to build quality over gimmicks so I do hope that their fortunes keep on going up.