By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shigeru Miyamoto: Takes time to see the genuine charm of the Wii U

I'm still hoping nintendo will start up a western studio to develop a western rpg, that should help them a bit.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
ps3-sales! said:
It hasn't been out 6 months. I'll give it time. Nintendo always delivers on the first party games.

It's only just been out 2 months in Europe, and even less than 2 months in Japan. The doom trains are certainly leaving the station pre-emptively.

yeah, but it does feel a bit longer I guess for people like myself who bought it at launch in the US. But as long as I've been a gamer Nintendo has always said that good games need time.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

DaRev said:
Conegamer said:
ps3-sales! said:
It hasn't been out 6 months. I'll give it time. Nintendo always delivers on the first party games.

It's only just been out 2 months in Europe, and even less than 2 months in Japan. The doom trains are certainly leaving the station pre-emptively.

yeah, but it does feel a bit longer I guess for people like myself who bought it at launch in the US. But as long as I've been a gamer Nintendo has always said that good games need time.

And as long as I am a gamer they have delivered 99% of the time :D

Maris said:
SxyxS said:
the times producing games in a cheap way with small teams havebalmost passed.
This may still work with 3ds games or 2d mario games and a level creator but for a great looking epic zelda game you will need around 200+men-especially when you don't licence any game engine but do everything on your own.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is creating its own in-house game engine that they can use for multiple 1st party projects. Would make things a lot easier on them.

There was some talk a while ago of Retro doing just that. I wonder if it's true.

In any event, it's good to hear Miyamoto state these things. He's absolutely right that the Wii U really needs to be experienced to be understood. And he's even more right about the size of Nintendo's development teams.

So different from the Wii, people 'got it' immediately after playing/seeing others play.

Around the Network
KHlover said:
DaRev said:
Conegamer said:
ps3-sales! said:

And as long as I am a gamer they have delivered 99% of the time :D

True.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.