By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Top 10 ps3 jrpgs this gen(and 360,wii if you like to add)

1. Final Fantasy XIII
2. Valkyria Chronicles
3. Blue Dragon
4. Final Fantasy XIII-2
5. Lost Odyssey
6. Tales of Vesperia
7. Dragon's Dogma
8. MagnaCarta 2
9. Eternal Sonata
10. Star Ocean The Last Hope

Around the Network

1 Valkyria Chronicles (gameplay rocks)
2 Ni no kuni ( a ff xii and dq viii mix)
3 White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2 (fuck critics this game rocks)
4 Eternal Sonata (a fairytale comes to life)
5 Disgaea 4( more fun you won 't find nowhere)
6 Star Ocean 4(nice worlds and gameplay)
7 Tales of graces F(combat and colorful world)
8 3d dot game heroes( a hymn to past)
9 Atelier Totori( alchemy never was more fun than this)
10 Dark Soul's
11 Demon's Soul's

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
i think WKC is quite underrated and i don 't know why

because the story was just terrible and combat was kind of broken, but it was still ok I guess...

OT:

I won't do a top 10 ps3 jrpg's because there aren't even 10 good jrpg's on all the consoles this gen in my opinion.

1. The Last Story (wii)

2. Xenoblade Chronicles (wii)

3. Vakyria Chronicles (ps3) (if we include SRPG's...)

4. Losty Odyssey (360)

Ni No Kuni may make it somewhere on this list after I have time to try it...

Every other JRPG this gen that I have played has just been ok or just plain bad (LIke FFXIII).

gergroy said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

because the story was just terrible and combat was kind of broken, but it was still ok I guess...

OT:

I won't do a top 10 ps3 jrpg's because there aren't even 10 good jrpg's on all the consoles this gen in my opinion.

1. The Last Story (wii)

4. Losty Odyssey (360)

Every other JRPG this gen that I have played has just been ok or just plain bad (LIke FFXIII).

story was decent and gameplay of wkc(i played wkc in wkc2 were it was remastered) was very good oriented

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
gergroy said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

OT:

1. The Last Story (wii)

4. Losty Odyssey (360)

story was decent and gameplay of wkc(i played wkc in wkc2 were it was remastered) was very good oriented

yeah, I bought both WKC and WKC2, and I wouldn't say the story was decent, in my opinion.  The online play was pretty fun though.  However, gameplay was broken.  How is it that the player had to be right next to an enemy to hit them but the enemy could hit you from like 50 feet away?  it makes sense with the enemies that had projectiles, but if somebody swings a sword at you from 50 feet away and hits you, that is dumb.  Especially since distance matters to the players.  

Also, WKC2 reuse of every level from WKC1 was just bad...  The game had potential to be good, the online idea was great, but ultimately it was just an ok game...