By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - what is the purpose of life?

dsgrue3 said:
Nihilism - no purpose.

I 2nd this :)

Around the Network

According to that Descartes troll, the purpose of life is to find out whether we exist when we're not thinking(conscious).

Cub said:
Roma said:
isn't it depressing to feel that life has no purpose?

It's depressing to not be 100% sure that life is purposeless , If I could be sure then life would a lot easier, and I'd just end it . But there is always a chance that Islam is right and killing myself would send me to hell for eternity lol

euft that doesn't sound good, why would you want to end your life?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

To reproduce (to continue your family game/genetics)

But more broadly, to live a long, fulfilling life.

Worse than the purpose of life is the purpose of this universe.

What purpose does it serve? Why does it exist? The answer is that it just does. Its a cruel, terrible joke of existance and non-existance. Just like we have universe now, we had none before it. Its a chaotic existance that quite literally farted some reality, but it will not sustain itself.

The fun is discovering and trying to escape it as products of it. Maybe that is the purpose of life, to help your species escape its looming demise. Of course, not all of us can do that, so i recommend living life to the fullest while you can, find happyness. Individually we are as important as an ant we step on the street without realising.

Around the Network

There is no purpose of life since we made up that word and life existed before we did .

sunK1D said:
According to that Descartes troll, the purpose of life is to find out whether we exist when we're not thinking(conscious).

Thats what i call an epic troll!

Roma said:

God didn't come to existence as he has always existed. 

Roma said:

prove that he has existed always? I can't but can you prove he hasen't?

You see you made one but quite big mistake. You can't ask from him to "prove" that God didn't existed since he isn't one making any claims in that regard. You on other hand did. And as such the one that is supposed to provide proof is you. 

February 20th

Tom3k said:

Roma said:

God didn't come to existence as he has always existed. 

Roma said:

prove that he has existed always? I can't but can you prove he hasen't?

You see you made one but quite big mistake. You can't ask from him to "prove" that God didn't existed since he isn't one making any claims in that regard. You on other hand did. And as such the one that is supposed to provide proof is you. 

well logic also tells you that nothing created can exists without a creator

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(