By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony has less First Party Studios than Microsoft. 21 vs 15

dsgrue3 said:
DanneSandin said:

Well, if that's the criteria for being counted as a studio Nintendo is running dangerously low on them!! But I do I agree that the list you supplied doesn't seem to have 21 names in it... But you seem to have forgotten 343i and Lionhead...

This thread is about MS and Sony first party studios. Not Nintendo.

The list I supplied excludes the 8 first party studios that cranked out hardcore games - ie 343 and Lionhead.

Oh, I might have misread your comment in that case... Didn't realize you had excluded 8 studios!! That's why I made that Nintendo comment; misread what you wrote.

But if you add those 8 you excluded with the 13 you mentioned you actually get... 21 studios. I dunno, am I missing something?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Since you made this thread (no matter how controversial I think it is), I would advise trying to keep it relevant. I'm not against anything Microsoft has going for them, but the same applies to Sony. The few studios apart they are, isn't a full indication of what's to come. It's a wait-and-see game at this point.

Personally I dont care what people talk about and how relevant it is.  Some discussions lead to other discussions just like in real life. 

For example earlier me and I think platformer earlier was reccomending Danne R&C, InFamous, Sly, ICO&SotC, and Jak and Daxter.  Nobody seemed to be upset about it.  We just had a discussion inside the discussion and itkept the thread alive while other people sign on to find the thread

Well i didnt know that a lot of microsoft studios are new. So that means Microsodft is preparing for the x box next very hard. It will be a though battle for both sides. lets see what they have under there sleeves.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
It's weird how many people (mostly Sony fans it seems) argue that most of MS's studios haven't done anything. They almost seem agitated! These studios haven't released anything yet because they're quite new and haven't had time to produce a game yet! Give them time folks, give them time... This gen will be very interesting!!

Have you ever thought that some of those Sony owners want to see Microsoft make legit games outside of Halo, Forza and Fable? They are sick of the repetitive process (and so am I). I agree that people need to be patient for the 720 but I am hopeful that Microsoft pays more attention to their first party next gen because of how many studios they've created.

I fully agree with your last sentence, and that's why I made that comment. I firmly believe MS will offer much more (and hopefully better) 1st party games next gen, but it sounded as if some people in here didn't get that these were new studios that haven't had a chance to release anything yet.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
dsgrue3 said:
DanneSandin said:

Well, if that's the criteria for being counted as a studio Nintendo is running dangerously low on them!! But I do I agree that the list you supplied doesn't seem to have 21 names in it... But you seem to have forgotten 343i and Lionhead...

The list I supplied excludes the 8 first party studios that cranked out hardcore games - ie 343 and Lionhead.

Oh, I might have misread your comment in that case... Didn't realize you had excluded 8 studios!! That's why I made that Nintendo comment; misread what you wrote.

But if you add those 8 you excluded with the 13 you mentioned you actually get... 21 studios. I dunno, am I missing something?

Go read my comment again carefully. 

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
DanneSandin said:
dsgrue3 said:
DanneSandin said:

Go read my comment again carefully. 

lol it confused me at first too lol I had to read it a few times to figure out what you was trying to say lol

DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
It's weird how many people (mostly Sony fans it seems) argue that most of MS's studios haven't done anything. They almost seem agitated! These studios haven't released anything yet because they're quite new and haven't had time to produce a game yet! Give them time folks, give them time... This gen will be very interesting!!

Have you ever thought that some of those Sony owners want to see Microsoft make legit games outside of Halo, Forza and Fable? They are sick of the repetitive process (and so am I). I agree that people need to be patient for the 720 but I am hopeful that Microsoft pays more attention to their first party next gen because of how many studios they've created.

I fully agree with your last sentence, and that's why I made that comment. I firmly believe MS will offer much more (and hopefully better) 1st party games next gen, but it sounded as if some people in here didn't get that these were new studios that haven't had a chance to release anything yet.

I believe some of them already have, just for Kinect and XBLA though.

CGI-Quality said:
JayWood2010 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Since you made this thread (no matter how controversial I think it is), I would advise trying to keep it relevant. I'm not against anything Microsoft has going for them, but the same applies to Sony. The few studios apart they are, isn't a full indication of what's to come. It's a wait-and-see game at this point.

Personally I dont care what people talk about and how relevant it is.  Some discussions lead to other discussions just like in real life. 

For example earlier me and I think platformer earlier was reccomending Danne R&C, InFamous, Sly, ICO&SotC, and Jak and Daxter.  Nobody seemed to be upset about it.  We just had a discussion inside the discussion and itkept the thread alive while other people sign on to find the thread

Oh, nothing wrong with other discussions, but poster trends shouldn't become the main topic. 

You shouldnt tell people what they can and can not post.  If you say im controversial ill be like yeah ok.  It doesnt bother me.  People pickon me about my unbiased reviews and it doesnt bother me.  I created my image so ill live with however people look at me on here.  Right now people will view me as a MSFT fan because ive been defending them lately.  a year or two ago i was viewed as a sony fan because I defended them.  The cycle will continue. And i will continually get viewed as being something that I may or may not be.

You ignore the fact that some Sony's studios have split to more than one team. Naughty Dog has two teams,Santa Monica has two teams and Guerilla has two teams, Media Mocule has two teams etc.

Playground Games should be in the Europe section they are based in the United Kingdom. Royal Leamington Spa to be more precise.