By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft working on new Ip?

Microsoft seeking 'Marlow Briggs' trademark

January 29, 2013 11:05AM PST
By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

Xbox maker files trademark application under goods and services description for game software.

Microsoft has filed a game-related trademark application for "Marlow Briggs." The Xbox maker on January 24 applied for the mark with the United States Patent & Trademark Office. It is listed as "game software," though no further information is available.

Microsoft has not made any announcements about a future product called Marlow Briggs.

A company representative told GameSpot, "Microsoft often acquires various trademarks as part of its ongoing business strategy, but beyond that we have no comment."

Last week, Microsoft filed a trademark application for "Gunpowder" to be used for "entertainment services, namely, providing online video games

Around the Network

So what do you all think it could be? Could it have something to do with the cinematic game they're working on?

Weird name... guess we'll have to wait and see what it is.

'bout time

Yay!!!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
'bout time

This will make the fourth new ip confirmed to be in the works at microsoft if it turns out to be a new ip. This could be the cinematic game though.  If so then 3 new ip's in the works. Or it could have something to do with Black Tusk Studios or rare.  Who knows.

Black Tusk Studios

and some cinematic game

Also Rare is working on a New Ip from rumors

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

Marlow
Briggs

Milo

I would laugh pretty hard if my pointless observation/joke turns out to be right.

Wow lmao If that turns out to be right i will come back and call you a genious lol

I'm picturing Call of Juarez with a Gears of War-sized budget.

Well, they have to.

They cant honestly think that can keep winging it with Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable.

What a weird name for a game... They need every IP they can get, so I hope this indeed is a new game.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Nem said:
Well, they have to.

They cant honestly think that can keep winging it with Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable.

MS don't think that they only need Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable they just don't waste new IP's for the end of console generation, it was the same on Xbox 1. When Xbox 1 was at its end, Ms concentrated as well totally on the next generation they, not wasting resources for an dying console when they have to get sure that the next big thing is successful.

We will see plenty new games and a few awesome new IPs on the next xbox.