By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 25.00%

A Link to the Past 10 41.67%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.33%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 16.67%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.17%

Other 1 4.17%

Total:24

I hit my first snag in my "no fast travel" play style. I finally got to the temple of time on Great Sky Island and it send me back out to get to another Shrine first which turns out to be way high up in the sky.

So I worked my way to one of the Sonai platforms, glued some fans to it and slowly made my way up and over. That works great (albeit slow, have to wait for the battery to recharge over and over). Yet after visiting the 2 islands on the way, getting close to the destination, the platform started blinking and then disappeared, sending me to my death ugh. Respawning on the last island I visited with no way off lol.

I used a wing to get back down (Recall to launch) then tried to make a powered plane out of the wing. However no matter how I place the fans, the control just isn't there not to turn the wing into an escaped balloon. With 3 fans (2 lifting up the wings and one providing propulsion) it's sort of stable, but too heavy. Drops like a lead leaf while the battery recharges. I somehow managed to stay on / fall back on as it make a full tumble, then it crashed on the ground. No thermals either to gain altitude plus the wing also disappears after a while (timed?)

My next attempt is still under way (ran out of time). Plan is to get the platform high enough to launch a wing from to reach the destination. I suspect the platform disappears when you get close to 'where you're not supposed to go with it' as it did the same when flying one of those over to the temple of time. Blink blink poof. So 'life boat' added, get high enough, send it towards the destination and stand on the wing pointed in the right direction in case the platform de-spawns.

(Pressing Y every 30 seconds atm to get a little higher each time)

Odd, it did not despawn this time. Currently hovering over the tiny pool in the tree, slowly descending now to make a soft landing (or fall in the water if the despawn zone is a box around the island)

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 24 May 2023

Around the Network

The way they are going with outfits in this game and custom weapons they'll end up creating Zelda's equivalent to the Fashion Souls sub culture.

Kakadu18 said:
mjk45 said:

I haven't run in to them yet  but it's good to know they are about and haven't aged. 

They have aged significantly. They went from like 10 to 12 years old to teenagers of like 16 years.

Tulin didn't sound 16, he still sounds like a plucky little kid. Maybe Rito age more slowly than Hylians and Gerudo.

CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

They have aged significantly. They went from like 10 to 12 years old to teenagers of like 16 years.

Tulin didn't sound 16, he still sounds like a plucky little kid. Maybe Rito age more slowly than Hylians and Gerudo.

He's still young but he has grown a lot.  He's more than twice the size he was in BOTW:

Riju is less extreme cause she was a bit older to begin with, but she also has grown noticeably.  She's gone from markedly shorter than Link to slightly taller with considerably more defined musculature.

Nuvendil said:
CaptainExplosion said:

He's still young but he has grown a lot.  He's more than twice the size he was in BOTW:

Riju is less extreme cause she was a bit older to begin with, but she also has grown noticeably.  She's gone from markedly shorter than Link to slightly taller with considerably more defined musculature.

Being Gerudo it's not that difficult to dwarf Link. In fact Link seems to be shorter than most characters he meets in both Breath of The Wild and Tears of The Kingdom.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Nuvendil said:

Being Gerudo it's not that difficult to dwarf Link. In fact Link seems to be shorter than most characters he meets in both Breath of The Wild and Tears of The Kingdom.

Link is a short king a hero to all manlets 

curl-6 said:

BOTW was a game about loneliness and introspection, about trying to reclaim a lost land. TOTK on the other hand is a game about people, about working together to rebuild.
Each achieves what it sets out to do in spectacular fashion, but despite their outward similarity, they each branch out in separate ways.

Had to drop in and say how well this succinctly describes the two games. The games "look" so similar but I was getting such a completely different feeling than playing BOTW. I couldn't put my finger on it and you summed it up just perfectly. Thank-you!    

Yeah, its a solid 10/10. Pretty much better than BOTW in every way except in impact on me. BOTW just blew me away. TOTK is a better game, but it just doesnt grab me like BOTW did. Still enjoying the hell out of it though.

SvennoJ said:

I hit my first snag in my "no fast travel" play style. I finally got to the temple of time on Great Sky Island and it send me back out to get to another Shrine first which turns out to be way high up in the sky.

So I worked my way to one of the Sonai platforms, glued some fans to it and slowly made my way up and over. That works great (albeit slow, have to wait for the battery to recharge over and over). Yet after visiting the 2 islands on the way, getting close to the destination, the platform started blinking and then disappeared, sending me to my death ugh. Respawning on the last island I visited with no way off lol.

I used a wing to get back down (Recall to launch) then tried to make a powered plane out of the wing. However no matter how I place the fans, the control just isn't there not to turn the wing into an escaped balloon. With 3 fans (2 lifting up the wings and one providing propulsion) it's sort of stable, but too heavy. Drops like a lead leaf while the battery recharges. I somehow managed to stay on / fall back on as it make a full tumble, then it crashed on the ground. No thermals either to gain altitude plus the wing also disappears after a while (timed?)

My next attempt is still under way (ran out of time). Plan is to get the platform high enough to launch a wing from to reach the destination. I suspect the platform disappears when you get close to 'where you're not supposed to go with it' as it did the same when flying one of those over to the temple of time. Blink blink poof. So 'life boat' added, get high enough, send it towards the destination and stand on the wing pointed in the right direction in case the platform de-spawns.

(Pressing Y every 30 seconds atm to get a little higher each time)

Odd, it did not despawn this time. Currently hovering over the tiny pool in the tree, slowly descending now to make a soft landing (or fall in the water if the despawn zone is a box around the island)

You can lessen the need to wait for the battery recharge by activating your Zonai power cells you will see more battery symbols appear on screen  indicating the extra batteries life,they will considerably lengthen the time depending on how many of your Zonai power cells you activate and like the extra stamina it stays with you till its been used up.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

why oh why don't they add selling and buying together

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot