By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Skyward Sword HD Arrives on Switch July 16

How do you want Nintendo to celebrate 35 years of Zelda?

Breath of the Wild 2 6 37.50%

Skyward Sword HD (you're in luck!) 5 31.25%

A full-fledged remake of an older game 1 6.25%

Ocarina + Majora remaster collection 1 6.25%

Wind Waker HD + Twilight ... 0 0%

Zelda-themed Switch console 0 0%

A brand new 2D Zelda 2 12.50%

Paper Zelda 1 6.25%

Other 0 0%

Total:16
Wyrdness said:

35th year of Zelda as a series as well and it could be marked with the launch of BOTW's sequel.

Let's hope it does, I'm starting to get optimistic. I still remember when they made a huge deal about Skyward Sword 10 years ago for the 25th anniversary. Time sure flies. 

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Wyrdness said:

35th year of Zelda as a series as well and it could be marked with the launch of BOTW's sequel.

Let's hope it does, I'm starting to get optimistic. I still remember when they made a huge deal about Skyward Sword 10 years ago for the 25th anniversary. Time sure flies. 

On the other hand, let's be cautious; a lot of folks were sure BOTW would come out in 2016 because it was the franchise's 30th anniversary.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
Metallox said:

On the other hand, let's be cautious; a lot of folks were sure BOTW would come out in 2016 because it was the franchise's 30th anniversary.

Technically, it was at that point they faced issues with the physics engine. I honestly do think they intended for the game to release sooner back then but oh well, the Switch was gonna happen so of course, a delay had to happen.

I don't think BOTW sequel is gonna face such hurdles though.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Wyrdness said:

That's pretty funny and genuinely well made.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Take this "leak" with a Stone Talus of salt:

Source

This almost screams Dark Souls. Could've pushed a little more with the fake subtitle. 

Seems the is a rumoured release date of Q2 floating around for BOTW's sequel keep in mind that's Q2 of the FY so that would be between July-September if true.

Phantom Hourglass trademarked in Australia.

Check our Will's news article here: https://www.vgchartz.com/article/447362/the-legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass-trademarked-in-australia/.

Pretty interesting. And if they rerelease Phantom Hourglass they’ll also rerelease Spirit Tracks. Though I’d expect it to be nothing.