By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
DanneSandin said:
jmcoo7 said:
Now that I'm finished with WW I have this under our Xmas tree, I am tempted to sneak down tonight, unwrap it take the card out and re wrap it lol. What do you think could I get away with it.

I think you should at least try ;D

Yeah I will lol, my fave all time game is a link to the past so I'm itching to get stuck in now. Will put on my assassins creed outfit and set about my mission tonight after midnight.

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
the_dengle said:

Dungeons
Bosses
Overworld
Items
Characters
Visual Design
Sidequests
Controls
Music
Story

First 10 are easy.

And the last 10? ;)

Euhhhhh...... Combat... Enemies... Mini-games... Balance... Polish... Pacing... Accessibility... Map... Menu... HUD.

There I did it, don't ask me for more. XD

The 20 Categories I had in mind were as follows

Story

• Story/Plot (Pretty Basic)
  • Main Characters (aka which Zelda had the best Link, Zelda, and main antangonist)
  • Minor Charaters (which had the best one-shot characters, like Linebeck, the Old Man, TIngle, the Great Deku tree, Ravio, etc.)
  • Writing (Which story was told the most elegantly? AKA the award Zelda 2 likely won't win.)

Design

• Overworld (Which was the best designed, had the most stuff to do, was the most fun to travel around, etc.)
  • Side Quests (Which games had the best non-story content)
  • Collecting (Which games had the best "collect every heart piece/upgraded item/little octopus things" factor?)
  • Gimmicks/Innovations (Which game introduced the most great ideas, be it parallel worlds, Z-targetting, motion controls, etc.)
  • Dungeons (Which game had the best collection of these? Overall consistency beats one-hit wonders here.)

Gameplay

• Controls (Do you prefer the conventional D-Pad and buttons of old, Wind Waker's dual analogs, Skyward's motion controls, etc.)
  • Combat (In which game was it the funnest to fight enemies other than bosses?)
  • Exploration (Which game made it the most fun to become intimate with every square inch of the game's world?)
  • Puzzles (Which game had the most ingeniously designed and clever Puzzles?)
  • Items (Which game has the best collection of these and uses them the most effectively?)
  • Bosses (Which are the most epic, best-designed, and are simply the most genious?)

Presentation

• Graphics (Which game is the best-looking Zelda from a more technical standpoint? Try also focusing on things like distinct sprites that stand out from the background, the little death effects of enemies, etc., rather than just resolution, polygon count, and textures.)
  • Art Style (Do you prefer Wind Waker's Cartoon vibe, Twilight Princesss darker shades, Skyward Sword's mix of color and realism, etc.)
  • Music (aka Soundtrack)
  • Tone (Which game most effectively sets the tone it tries to make for itself? Examples may include the desolation of the original game, the silly humor of Link's Awakening, the impending doom of Majora's Mask, etc.)

Overall

• Best Zelda Evar!

I think that's exactly 20.

Love and tolerate.

jmcoo7 said:
DanneSandin said:
jmcoo7 said:
Now that I'm finished with WW I have this under our Xmas tree, I am tempted to sneak down tonight, unwrap it take the card out and re wrap it lol. What do you think could I get away with it.

I think you should at least try ;D

Yeah I will lol, my fave all time game is a link to the past so I'm itching to get stuck in now. Will put on my assassins creed outfit and set about my mission tonight after midnight.

I've never played ALTTP (D,:), but I'm enoying ALBW immensely :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

the_dengle said:
DanneSandin said:
the_dengle said:

Dungeons
Bosses
Overworld
Items
Characters
Visual Design
Sidequests
Controls
Music
Story

First 10 are easy.

And the last 10? ;)

Euhhhhh...... Combat... Enemies... Mini-games... Balance... Polish... Pacing... Accessibility... Map... Menu... HUD.

There I did it, don't ask me for more. XD

LOL! That was a bit of a stretch, but I like it ;D

Around the Network
Salnax said:

The 20 Categories I had in mind were as follows

Story

• Story/Plot (Pretty Basic)
  • Main Characters (aka which Zelda had the best Link, Zelda, and main antangonist)
  • Minor Charaters (which had the best one-shot characters, like Linebeck, the Old Man, TIngle, the Great Deku tree, Ravio, etc.)
  • Writing (Which story was told the most elegantly? AKA the award Zelda 2 likely won't win.)

Design

• Overworld (Which was the best designed, had the most stuff to do, was the most fun to travel around, etc.)
  • Side Quests (Which games had the best non-story content)
  • Collecting (Which games had the best "collect every heart piece/upgraded item/little octopus things" factor?)
  • Gimmicks/Innovations (Which game introduced the most great ideas, be it parallel worlds, Z-targetting, motion controls, etc.)
  • Dungeons (Which game had the best collection of these? Overall consistency beats one-hit wonders here.)

Gameplay

• Controls (Do you prefer the conventional D-Pad and buttons of old, Wind Waker's dual analogs, Skyward's motion controls, etc.)
  • Combat (In which game was it the funnest to fight enemies other than bosses?)
  • Exploration (Which game made it the most fun to become intimate with every square inch of the game's world?)
  • Puzzles (Which game had the most ingeniously designed and clever Puzzles?)
  • Items (Which game has the best collection of these and uses them the most effectively?)
  • Bosses (Which are the most epic, best-designed, and are simply the most genious?)

Presentation

• Graphics (Which game is the best-looking Zelda from a more technical standpoint? Try also focusing on things like distinct sprites that stand out from the background, the little death effects of enemies, etc., rather than just resolution, polygon count, and textures.)
  • Art Style (Do you prefer Wind Waker's Cartoon vibe, Twilight Princesss darker shades, Skyward Sword's mix of color and realism, etc.)
  • Music (aka Soundtrack)
  • Tone (Which game most effectively sets the tone it tries to make for itself? Examples may include the desolation of the original game, the silly humor of Link's Awakening, the impending doom of Majora's Mask, etc.)

Overall

• Best Zelda Evar!

I think that's exactly 20.

Will you create a new thread for this, and will the voting begin? I'm already starting to assign games to each category ;)

be sure to link us if it happens.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I'm planning on turning this into a thread fairly soon. Sunday will be the latest I do so, and I might even make it today.

Should I begin work on the thread ASAP, or should I wait until a certain date in order to get more votes? I'm planning on holding the vote for a couple of weeks, in order to garner some traffic and have results up by the end of 2013.

Love and tolerate.

My new Best of Zelda election is now up.

Love and tolerate.

During its Nintendo Direct this morning, Nintendo announced Hyrule Warriors, a Dynasty Warriors-esque action game with Zelda characters, enemies, and environments.

Take a look: http://www.gamrreview.com/news/90828/hyrule-warriors-announced-for-wii-u/