By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
IcaroRibeiro said:
SvennoJ said:

To me it's about creating a continuous path through the game without skipping the intermediate terrain. It all builds a sense of scale for me. Save/load doesn't interfere with that. Hence I rather walk and don't even use the para glider all that much :) Basically this (from exploring the world in FS2020)

Anyway I'll see what happens when I get to the sky islands. They are fundamentally incompatible with my play style, so I'll have to adapt. There is no continuous path to make with floating islands :/

Light Dragon can mitigate things a bit, as I said she flies all over Hyrule, you can use her as your personal airplane you continuously travel Hyrule. I did it once actually, spent the 2 hours travel on top of her doing nothing but watching the Horizon... it was a very relaxing experience 

But it's not fast. You will need to commit exploring a group of islands, and then spend some time for it to comeback (2 hours), and often she will fly over the islands, which means you cannot comeback and will need to again reach an island high enough to mount her. Once you finish the Tears of the Kingdom questline she will start flying closer to the ground like the other dragons, so flying her to explore most of islands will no longer be an option 

Ah, I wonder what happens if I save on the dragon? Will I re-appear on the dragon where I was on loading the game or does the dragon position reset with everything else. Which could mean I either plummet to my death, re-appear on the dragon at its starting location or re-appear where I last left solid ground. (The save system does allow you to save anywhere but it takes some liberty with putting you back in a safe spot)

Too bad the Zonai airplanes last so short, otherwise I could explore the sky islands as I did in FS2020. Can you auto build a second thing while using one thing? It probably needs solid ground to place it. Can you keep replacing a steer-able zeppelin / floating platform while traveling :) The balloons in the depths hardly last long enough to reach the ceiling, nvm using them for horizontal travel. I should check all the schematics I have unlocked so far, need a floating platform thing to support a next airplane / balloon :)

Of course first I need to upgrade my battery before splurging Zonaite on auto build :) Maybe in a month lol.

Around the Network

I'm in the lead up to the Fire Temple now and so far it's awesome; Yunobo's power is cool, especially the ability to "fire" him from a moving vehicle; taking out enemies and obstacles and enemies as I rode the mine cart up Death Mountain was great fun, as was the short but epic fight at the crater.

Once inside the volcano itself, the combination of the darkness and the lava is hella cool.

Lynels don't like fighting other creatures it seems. I lured one to a Moblin camp quite close to it, puff shrooms, muddle buds all works, yet as soon as the Moblins attack the Lynel the coward simply teleports back to his starting spot. Lame.

I also climbed to the top of a big statue in the depths, looks like a cyborg and is so high its head is in the 'clouds' nearly touching the roof. Nothing there to find, I at least expected a grand pooh lol. Also can't ascend from his head despite being 10 feet from the ceiling, red grid, no exit. I guess the only places ascend works in the depths is at the designated elevator towers.

On to the next Yiga camp, unfortunately far down below while my next destination is on the other side of the great wall I'm standing on. I need a rope to be able to climb back up :) Rocket shield doesn't go all that high, path finding is quite a challenge with the starter stamina bar and no stamina food down here!

Isn't Twinrova in this game?

Skyward Sword Link Amiibo up for pre-order at Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-link-skyward-sword/6549140.p?skuId=6549140

This is the recently-announced reprint.

Around the Network

The North East part of the map is proving almost impossible to explore, it's too hot everywhere and no cooling items to be found in the depths. It's a big maze as well, so I'm following the walls, skirting the edge of the 'too hot' zone, using all the the bloom seeds I have been using up trying to find a light root that's actually reachable, not in the death heat zone. It's fun but slow going and without auto map kinda hard to keep track of where the walls are. Exploring in the dark.

The random attacks can be dialed down though. It's starting to bring flashbacks of FF10 where you can't walk 5 steps before getting attacked again. Frogs, moblins, lizalfos, bats, blobs, sometimes they all spawn right after each other while busy attacking a camp lol.

This area has Hinox walking around, they are actually quite easy to take down. But the weapon durability continues to be an issue and the deciding factor whether to engage with boss battles. Bows break faster than I can use arrows down here (over 450 in inventory while using the bow a lot, just from picking them up) I usually resort to throwing puff shrooms and light blooms instead of using fragile bows. My arms don't break :)

Things might be getting harder as my favorite desperate strength weapons don't seem to drop in the area I'm in now. That double dmg bonus kept the balance against all the silver moblins/lizalfos. I'm glad I went south and west first, this north east corner is using up a lot of resources I farmed there.

There was one announcement from yesterday's Nintendo Direct that might have been lost among the big Mario news: new Zelda Amiibo on the way this holiday.

The amiibo just keep looking better and better with so much more detail than years ago.

Some of them are just gorgeous. I still marvel at the attention to detail on the Wolf Link and Zelda/Loftwing Amiibo.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Some of them are just gorgeous. I still marvel at the attention to detail on the Wolf Link and Zelda/Loftwing Amiibo.

The Loftwing Amiibo and the Metroid Dread Amiibo's are some of my favorites.