By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
mZuzek said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Walt Disney Animation and Pixar are the only reliable blockbuster animation studios

I guess they are the most reliable when it comes to making completely safe average movies

They are actually the less reliable when they make safe average movies, that's the moment they release their Lightyear's and Raya's

And are the their best when they subvert expectations and/or create movies based on entirely brand new concepts like Inside Out, Frozen and Wall-E

Which is why I think is a terrible idea to even consider Disney (not that anybody here suggested Disney anyway), they are only good when they let the creators make the movies they want

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
mZuzek said:

I guess they are the most reliable when it comes to making completely safe average movies

They are actually the less reliable when they make safe average movies, that's the moment they release their Lightyear's and Raya's

And are the their best when they subvert expectations and/or create movies based on entirely brand new concepts like Inside Out, Frozen and Wall-E

Which is why I think is a terrible idea to even consider Disney (not that anybody here suggested Disney anyway), they are only good when they let the creators make the movies they want

I can't speak for Frozen because I haven't seen it, though I've heard not good things about it. Honestly I can only think of one Disney computer animation I really liked and that's a 15 year old movie. Pixar at their best is phenomenal, yeah. But Inside Out is their latest truly great movie and that's 8 years old. Their most recent that I thought was really good, though already below their highest heights was Coco and that's 6 years ago. And going even wider with this, most properties that belong to Disney as a whole have been declining in quality for a while now.

I get what you said about DreamWorks being hit or miss, but honestly, while they do have many crap movies, I get the feeling that most of them are specifically aimed at very young children. Not sure that makes sense? Like, I can't remember a DreamWorks movie that looked interesting in trailer or promotional material that then turned out to be a bad or disappointing movie. All their crap movies are ones that from the first glance you already go "ew wtf". So I would trust them with Zelda because that'd be one of the movies they care about getting right, probably. They've done good with licensed franchises in the past, too.

And ultimately yeah I agree Ghibli would be the best choice. Like really there's no doubt about that. Zelda has been influenced by Ghibli movies, you can feel a lot of Miyazaki's influence when playing certain Zelda games. The simple truth though, is it won't be Ghibli. Nintendo's partnering with Universal for these, and that specific partnership basically means Illumination or DreamWorks. And between those two there's an obvious choice.

IcaroRibeiro said:

2 or 3 builds are good to explore the skies. The others are as good as useless

Sky islands are the most fun sections in the game for me because they are all but a huge natural puzzle. They are the parts of the game that clearly are more tightly designed and well thought to make use of the game new mechanics. When the inevitable DLC comes out I hope they focus more on bringing in more sky islands 

However as good as they are they took me way too long to be reliably explored. I needed to almost fully upgrade my stamina bar and get tons of battery's upgrades to reach some sky islands and even at over 120 shrines finished there are islands that I'm yet to explore because I still have to figure out how to reach them 

Depths were very nice... for the first 40 hours of the game (I'm 125 hours now). After that, they felt like a shore to me. Most of them are empty spaces with only the mines and coliseums being nice to explore. The worst part is that I avoided the Yiga questline, as well as Josha questline which both seems to be the ones to "guide" you trough the depths.

Some regions like Faron region and Eldin region are also meant to be explored in specific moments of the game (i.e. Sage's questline). During my endless wandering throughout the depths I've explored both regions before of the time which made both questlines a bit... underwhelming. But that can't be helped, the nature of an open world game is to allow this kind of progression so I'm the only one to blame

I've unlocked 101 light roots so far and there are still some dark spaces, mostly from Hebra/Tabantha/Hyrule Ridge regions 

I suggest you to give a chance for overworld. Unlike the depths it's has no own factor (we all know the map already), nor sense of survival, but still fun to do its quests and unlock the shrines and towers. The questlines of TOTK are far ahead of BOTW, in a sense they indeed look like quests (you need to find specific places, items, characters and figure out how to interact and do some actions at the right time/order). A fairly good portion of the map underwent changes on its design (the caves are some of the best additions) and above all Hyrule itself still beautiful and atmospheric. You will need to, however, adapt your expectations and desire because the game was designed to have more structures quests, which means you will take a break on exploration and find out what the questline want you to do.  

I wonder how much I screwed up the Yiga quest line already, defeated Khoga twice so far. Does the Josha quest line have something to do with the arenas with 'mounts' on them that don't seem to do anything? I melted the ice blocks on one, blew the sand hills apart on another, haven't got a clue what to do with the one that has big rocks that look like gloom rocks. I tried all elements and bombs, hitting them with a boulder hammer, no effect. The others didn't reveal anything either so must be for some quest. I also found a couple hard to reach places that look like they are important but are empty. And a message from one of the yiga camps that basically says, need to go up top to get in. It does feel like exploring the stage before the show starts...

But yes, I need to do the shrines at some point. This little stamina bar, single battery cell and 4 hearts is making progress slower than it needs to be. In a sense it is also liberating, no use for food, no sense bothering with machines and climbing is slow enough you don't really want more stamina to climb further. But I see that's all needed to get to the outlying sky islands. I guess TotK will be the only game I play for the rest of the year, this is gonna take forever haha.

On to then next light root.

Ah I see Josha is the photographer quest I entered the depths with. Still have to go back to Lookout landing for that (once I make my way around lol)

IcaroRibeiro said:
mZuzek said:

Raya and The Last Dragon is a masterpiece. It's Lightyear that was a dud. *shoots Lightyear Zurg through the head, and does the same to Myrtle from Lilo and Stitch* Her parents should have used protection.

Anyway, is it true that in Tears of The Kingdom took Link's house in Hateno Village?

I was messing around with Bing chat lately, so I wanted to try how it creates images (via Dall-E) - I'm very new to this, and while I know to make solid pictures of scenery I need for tabletop RPG adventures, I don't know how to pull off anything that has actual humanoids in picture to look good - yet I had to try. Only 2 I was satisfied with, though they are full of errors:

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Raya and The Last Dragon is a masterpiece. It's Lightyear that was a dud. *shoots Lightyear Zurg through the head, and does the same to Myrtle from Lilo and Stitch* Her parents should have used protection.

Anyway, is it true that in Tears of The Kingdom took Link's house in Hateno Village?

I dunno, haven't unlocked the Links house yet. Feeling less inclined to have one, now that we can pretty much build our strong weapons with materials Links Home lose its appeal as weapons storehouse 

IcaroRibeiro said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I dunno, haven't unlocked the Links house yet. Feeling less inclined to have one, now that we can pretty much build our strong weapons with materials Links Home lose its appeal as weapons storehouse 

Ah. Because a lot of people are going around saying Zelda stole Link's house, not even crediting Link with financing and getting materials for the house's restoration.

I ran into a White Lynel last night in the Depths, avoid. Giant resource drain at my starter gear / stage / 4 heart exploration trek lol. It takes 20 bombs just to break its shield, 6 dmg boulder hammer doesn't move the bar either. They are quite dumb though, can just keep shooting bombs at it from above or confuse it with puff shrooms. (But it will wildly lash out anyway) It did finally notice me when I aborted the mission, just about to reload to get my stuff back, and started shooting arrow folleys at me. I hid under an overhang in a pipe kind of thing which stopped most arrows but one still glitched through the ceiling and insta killed me lol.

Bows, bombs and puff shrooms back, mark the location for later or never. I guess the things they drop are for some recipe at the fairy fountains which I'll get to in a couple months haha. Still at 35% ish Depths explored. On my way to the NW corner.

Yeah, best to get lots of arrows, Bomb Flowers, food, etc. before taking on Lynels or Gleeocks.

SvennoJ said:

I ran into a White Lynel last night in the Depths, avoid. Giant resource drain at my starter gear / stage / 4 heart exploration trek lol. It takes 20 bombs just to break its shield, 6 dmg boulder hammer doesn't move the bar either. They are quite dumb though, can just keep shooting bombs at it from above or confuse it with puff shrooms. (But it will wildly lash out anyway) It did finally notice me when I aborted the mission, just about to reload to get my stuff back, and started shooting arrow folleys at me. I hid under an overhang in a pipe kind of thing which stopped most arrows but one still glitched through the ceiling and insta killed me lol.

Bows, bombs and puff shrooms back, mark the location for later or never. I guess the things they drop are for some recipe at the fairy fountains which I'll get to in a couple months haha. Still at 35% ish Depths explored. On my way to the NW corner.

There's precisely one Lynel in game you'll meet you have to tackle... and you already have the tool to easily deal with it. ;)