By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

The Subrosian Dance can suck my dick.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
The Subrosian Dance can suck my dick.

I don't remember what that is (haven't played the games in ages (geddit!?!), and started with Ages), but if it's at all like the Goron Dances... then it probably can.

Some excerpts from Aonuma's interview with Edge about A Link to the Past 2 and his career:

"This new title will feature lots of things that are new to the series; right at the start of the game, there's a big surprise that will shock players. We started out with the new play mechanics, such as Link being able to become a painting and walk along the walls, and then figured out from there how to build a story around them. Rather than forcing elements of the original story into this one, we’ve instead focused on bringing back the characters, so you can see what happened to them after the events of the first game."

"Part of what made A Link To The Past interesting was the way you could move between the Light World and the Dark World and solve puzzles, and we’re planning to bring that back in A Link To The Past 2 for sure. Link's ability to become a painting will be related to that."

"I'm 50 now, so I only have about ten more years to make games at Nintendo. I want to try all sorts of new things before it’s too late – I don’t want to get to the end of my career and only have worked on Zelda. But every time I come up with some good new ideas, they end up being used in a Zelda game! I need a six-month break to get away from the Zelda cycle and focus on something new [laughs]. But I'd probably end up making a game that's similar to Zelda; after all, A Link To The Past was my biggest influence."

New Wind Waker HD screenshot!

Here is the trailer!

Around the Network

More Zelda news!

The sequel to A Link to the Past has a new name....

A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS

What do you think?

Source: http://legendzelda.net/a-link-between-worlds/

Veknoid_Outcast said:

More Zelda news!

A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS

What do you think?

As nice as it is to have it to have a subtitle similar to ALttP, I can't help but feel really meh about this title, like it is really going to be too similar to its predecessor and in doing so will not be as good. The subtitle doesn't really help, especially since I am sort of tired of the dual world mechanic in Zelda games at this point.

NoirSon said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

More Zelda news!

A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS

What do you think?

As nice as it is to have it to have a subtitle similar to ALttP, I can't help but feel really meh about this title, like it is really going to be too similar to its predecessor and in doing so will not be as good. The subtitle doesn't really help, especially since I am sort of tired of the dual world mechanic in Zelda games at this point.

It's not the best title, I agree, but I'm sure it will be a fun game.

Here's the trailer, by the way:

No new dungeons in The Wind Waker for Wii U :(

According to Aonuma,

"Quite honestly, those dungeons we removed we used in other games, so we can't use them in this version!"

"I've received many questions about additional content beyond what was in the GameCube version of the game, but our desire is to stay true of the story that was in the original. If we add dungeons then that will affect other parts of the GameCube version, which we really want to stay true to."

"If it felt like there were maybe too few dungeons then I feel that what was wrong with the GameCube version was the pacing. It was thrown off because it took longer to get to certain dungeons. There was a waiting period, and then when you arrived there the experience maybe didn't feel as big, as you'd waited so long to get there. We're tuning the game to alleviate all that. The pacing should feel appropriate to the overall experience this time... We need to tighten those [gaps] and make the overall experience and story feel tighter."