By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8
CityOfNoobs said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
CityOfNoobs said:

Downloaded Seasons and Ages today. Thought they were unusually cheap until I realized its a promo price until the 20th. 

Nice! Have you played them before or is this your first experience with them?

I have played them before, I have played and beat every zelda game not counting the Phillips CDI ones . 

Good man.

I kind of want to play the CD-i games just so I can say I've played them all, but I'm a little terrified of what I might find :P

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

*pic*

Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons showed up on eShop yesterday. Anyone pick them up?

Nah, I haven't.

I have the originals right here, and a GBC too, so I can play any of the three GameBoy games whenever I choose too. They're all nicely in their boxes next to each other on the shelf. Even have both the regular Link's Awakening as well as the DX version.

The Oracle games were decent. Way better than the other Capcom attempts (Minish Cap and Four Swords (which sucks)) anyway, however they aren't my favorites. Link's Awakening however, is genius and my second favorite Zelda and thus one of the best games of all time. I'll probably grant that game a Virtual Console purchase someday even though I already own it twice. I have bought it three times actually, but my dog ate my first (DX) cartridge not long after I got it. True story.

I've bought Link's Awakening 3 times myself. I had the original for the GB and then I bought the DX version when it came out. Sadly, I haven't seen mine since my GBC ended up in the possession of my cousins, so I buckled up and bought the VC version once it came out on the e-shop. 

And I agree on it being one of the best LoZ games ever. The story itself is quite intriguing (loved the part when you finally figure out what Koholint Island really is) and it had a pretty good gameplay for it being the first portable Zelda.

I never played DX...is is noticeably better than the original version?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
lestatdark said:

I've bought Link's Awakening 3 times myself. I had the original for the GB and then I bought the DX version when it came out. Sadly, I haven't seen mine since my GBC ended up in the possession of my cousins, so I buckled up and bought the VC version once it came out on the e-shop. 

And I agree on it being one of the best LoZ games ever. The story itself is quite intriguing (loved the part when you finally figure out what Koholint Island really is) and it had a pretty good gameplay for it being the first portable Zelda.

I never played DX...is is noticeably better than the original version?

Well, it's in color. So, yeah .

Seriously, it's the exact same game, but the DX version has one major change. It has an additional dungeon which you can only access when you play it on a GameBoy Color. The dungeon is optional and quite hidden.

CityOfNoobs said:
S.Peelman said:

Nah, I haven't.

I have the originals right here, and a GBC too, so I can play any of the three GameBoy games whenever I choose too. They're all nicely in their boxes next to each other on the shelf. Even have both the regular Link's Awakening as well as the DX version.

The Oracle games were decent. Way better than the other Capcom attempts (Minish Cap and Four Swords (which sucks)) anyway, however they aren't my favorites. Link's Awakening however, is genius and my second favorite Zelda and thus one of the best games of all time. I'll probably grant that game a Virtual Console purchase someday even though I already own it twice. I have bought it three times actually, but my dog ate my first (DX) cartridge not long after I got it. True story.

I admit four swords was not the best, but the minish cap was amazing in my eyes. Really really enjoyed that one. 

The 'sucks' part was fully aimed at Four Swords at least, I don't think Minish Cap sucks. I just think it's 'below average'. For a Zelda game anyway, I tend to be hard on those because the standard is so high. If Minish Cap were in any other series, stand-alone or whatever, I probably would've thought it to be a good game.

Personally, I think it's way too short, way too easy and has too many uninteresting things and it doesn't really fit in the whole Zelda story. To top it off, I don't think it looks very good and most music is... annoying. None of those things are in the extremes however, and like I said, the game would've gotten away with it if it weren't a Zelda game. The only Zelda games I found worse (played them all except Four Swords Adventures) than Minish Cap were Phantom Hourglass and of course Four Swords. But it's all personal preference anyways .

lestatdark said:

Did that with the first Mario Party on N64 once. Wasn't my cousin though, I would've gotten it back from him as he shares my respect for games. Never saw it again. That was also the last time I ever lent anything to anyone.

Around the Network

Never played the Oracle games, other than a quick 5 minutes on one of them, I forget which. Was a long time ago.

Are they good enough to buy them for £4.49 each? Is it actually worth buying both? If not, which would people recommend me to buy?

They're my favorite handheld Zelda game, beat them completely, but I have no interest to return to those worlds anytime soon.

@poll. I prefered Ages, could it be because it's the first of the two that I played through or is it just better? I always wondered.

Thanks Rol.

Ill download Seasons now.

happydolphin said:

They're my favorite handheld Zelda game, beat them completely, but I have no interest to return to those worlds anytime soon.

@poll. I prefered Ages, could it be because it's the first of the two that I played through or is it just better? I always wondered.

It's funny you mention that. I prefer Seasons, which was the first one I played. Like you, I've always wondered if I like Seasons more because it was the one I played first.

^^
I liked Ages more, however, it wasn't the first one I'd played . Also played Seasons first. The real difference in preference is negligible anyway.

I just thought it's dungeons were better, and I liked (and found more challenging) the puzzle focus of Ages better then the combat focus of Seasons. I did however played them right after each other, so the first was still firmly in my mind when I had completed the second. Maybe that explains it .