By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: EoW Trailer Shows Off Still World, Swordfighter Form

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 6 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 2 25.00%

Total:8

@ Poll:

A little late, but anyway, I feel there are two franchises that absolutely have to be kept 100% in-house. These are 3D Mario, and Zelda. EAD just does these two series the best. So, I vote EAD. I just wouldn't dare to hand these two series, with flawless records if quality is concerned, off to someone else
For the handheld entries however, I okay with them handing some development off to another studios. They're less high-profile, so some experimentation is allowed. Retro would be a good fit I think. Capcom did a good job in the Oracle series, but their 'hands were held' (). I'm not too fond of the Minish Cap. Grezzo also proved they can do a good job in at least Zelda remakes with Ocarina of Time 3D and the Four Swords Anniversary Edition.

Around the Network
AlphaCielago said:
DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:
Wooah! That drawing is pretty epic! I hope the next Zelda is an epic adventure in the line of OoT and LoZ!!

But what do you guys think the 3DS Zelda will be like?

My money is on a 3D Zelda using the engine from Ocarina of Time 3D. The question is: what will be the hook?

Every Zelda game has a hook -- 72 hour timeline, sailing across an ocean, the ability to shrink down to microscopic size -- so what will it be for Zelda 3DS?

If I was Nintendo, I would incorporate the 3D technology in some new and creative way.

Yeah, I wouldn't be the least surprised if they used the OoT 3D engine - perhaps a little more polished. And I can imagine the hook will actually be 3D - kind of in the same way SM3DL used 3D...

The hook will be hot air balloons and I still think that they will use an updated version of the DS Zelda engine or rather the Wind Waker engine.

hot air ballons doesn't sound... all that great :P And they might use the WW engine, but they've said that the next handheld Zelda won't LOOK like WW - so you knows?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Gahh! I got my Hyrule Historia in the mail the other day! It's amazing! :o

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I need that book in my Zelda life.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Hey guys, I just read a very interesting article on Zelda Informer. Here it is: http://www.zeldainformer.com/articles/how-motion-controls-indirectly-cost-skyward-sword-an-open-world

Here's the short version: Nintendo's focus on motion controls in Skyward Sword caused the game world to be small and linear. The puzzles and enemies in the game are tailored to motion controls, and this comes at the expense of exploration and discovery.

It's a very interesting take, and I find it convincing. What you you guys think?

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Hey guys, I just read a very interesting article on Zelda Informer. Here it is: http://www.zeldainformer.com/articles/how-motion-controls-indirectly-cost-skyward-sword-an-open-world

Here's the short version: Nintendo's focus on motion controls in Skyward Sword caused the game world to be small and linear. The puzzles and enemies in the game are tailored to motion controls, and this comes at the expense of exploration and discovery.

It's a very interesting take, and I find it convincing. What you you guys think?

loved SS, The motion controls were perfect on it, i dont kno why too many people didn't want it. I think some gamers are too damn lazy to swing a control

I'm gonna read the whole article soon, but from what you said about the summery it sounds like an interesting read. I've heard the very same thing before... Didn't Aunuma say that during the ND??

tbone51 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

loved SS, The motion controls were perfect on it, i dont kno why too many people didn't want it. I think some gamers are too damn lazy to swing a control

Hey, I agree. Skyward Sword has the best motion controls ever. In fact, it's going to be very difficult for me to go back to pressing a button to swing a sword after this generation.

But what the article is saying is that the deep focus on motion controls prevented the development team from investing in larger, more open worlds -- a staple of The Legend of Zelda.

Yeap, but i think i read somewhere will have the option with wii u (controlling), also they said the dungeons are huge, forgot where the source came from but they stated that a dungeon is the size of Hyrule field in OoT

What I'd like to see is a combination of SS and OoT AND LoZ for the next Zelda! That would be the best Zelda ever made imo