By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Echoes of Wisdom Out Now

Tagged games:

Are you planning to buy Echoes of Wisdom?

I already pre-ordered 2 40.00%

Picking it up soon 3 60.00%

Waiting for a sale 0 0%

No, it's not for me 0 0%

Total:5
SvennoJ said:

I ran into a White Lynel last night in the Depths, avoid. Giant resource drain at my starter gear / stage / 4 heart exploration trek lol. It takes 20 bombs just to break its shield, 6 dmg boulder hammer doesn't move the bar either. They are quite dumb though, can just keep shooting bombs at it from above or confuse it with puff shrooms. (But it will wildly lash out anyway) It did finally notice me when I aborted the mission, just about to reload to get my stuff back, and started shooting arrow folleys at me. I hid under an overhang in a pipe kind of thing which stopped most arrows but one still glitched through the ceiling and insta killed me lol.

Bows, bombs and puff shrooms back, mark the location for later or never. I guess the things they drop are for some recipe at the fairy fountains which I'll get to in a couple months haha. Still at 35% ish Depths explored. On my way to the NW corner.

That's not a glitch. Their arrows always go through ceilings. That was the same in BotW. If you don't move Lynels have a 100% chance of hitting you.

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
SvennoJ said:

I ran into a White Lynel last night in the Depths, avoid. Giant resource drain at my starter gear / stage / 4 heart exploration trek lol. It takes 20 bombs just to break its shield, 6 dmg boulder hammer doesn't move the bar either. They are quite dumb though, can just keep shooting bombs at it from above or confuse it with puff shrooms. (But it will wildly lash out anyway) It did finally notice me when I aborted the mission, just about to reload to get my stuff back, and started shooting arrow folleys at me. I hid under an overhang in a pipe kind of thing which stopped most arrows but one still glitched through the ceiling and insta killed me lol.

Bows, bombs and puff shrooms back, mark the location for later or never. I guess the things they drop are for some recipe at the fairy fountains which I'll get to in a couple months haha. Still at 35% ish Depths explored. On my way to the NW corner.

There's precisely one Lynel in game you'll meet you have to tackle... and you already have the tool to easily deal with it. ;)

If you mean the one below Hyrule Castle, you can just run past it.

Just got to Akkala region for the first time in TotK and just as in BotW this is visually my favourite region.

Yeah I have a long way to go still in this game. So far clocked 55-60 h and have no idea what I’ve been doing since I feel I have a long way to go still.

Kakadu18 said:
HoloDust said:

There's precisely one Lynel in game you'll meet you have to tackle... and you already have the tool to easily deal with it. ;)

If you mean the one below Hyrule Castle, you can just run past it.

Yeah, that one - I had no intention in wasting time with it, so I've just puffed it and passed by.

HoloDust said:
SvennoJ said:

Ultra hand?

There are places I can't go in the Depths, I found the lava falls, too hot and no cooling food or cooling gear to be found down here. I tried cooking with ice like like stones, ice keese eye balls etc but it all fails to make an elixir. So I looked it up and yep all ingredients for cooling food/elixirs are only up top as well as the gear.

I ran into another giant arena, this one with just some random ice blocks on it. I melted them again with a flame thrower but nothing happens. There are also big circles with 4 purple glowing trees around them, also no idea what for. I assume there are quests that send you down here for all those things. I keep running into 'researchers' I guess since I activated the photo quest to enter the depths with. It doesn't advance the quest though and they all turn into Yiga fanatics trying to kill me lol. The Yiga quest triggered itself when I ran into master Khoga the first time. I defeated him twice but now he moved to the NE side, I'm still making my way to the NW corner.

There is also a spot that's completely ringed by walls. Seems that's only accessible from up top and not connected to the rest of the depths. I marked where it is on the Hyrule map so can find it later. No Sidecend ability to bore through those walls :p Lemme get my terrain manipulator from NMS and dig a tunnel through :)

Around the Network

I was just done with the Fire Temple and I must say that it was really really good.

Spoiler!

The sequence to get there was amazing. Scaling Death Mountain using the mine carts, facing Moragia and dodging its fireballs mid-air while piloting the glider...

But the Depths! Oh man, seeing that humongous structure that is the Fire Temple within the Depths, the boiling lakes of lava, the mystical ambience surrounding Gorondia. I had so many questions about the origins of Gorons.

Music was fire (pun intended), the chanting at the beginning of the Fire Temple is so reminescent of OoT I love it. Love the structure, the many floors, the scale of it. Game has been nothing short of stellar on that front. So far I'm done with the Ritos and the Gorons and I can't tell which is my favorite.

SvennoJ said:

HoloDust said:

Ultra hand?

Nah - puffshrooms. As you already discovered, they are way OP, along with muddle buds, since monsters don't have any equivalent of the DnD's Saving Throws, so, from what I gathered in my playthrough, they affect evenly the tough as much as the weak enemies.

HoloDust said:

Nah - puffshrooms. As you already discovered, they are way OP, along with muddle buds, since monsters don't have any equivalent of the DnD's Saving Throws, so, from what I gathered in my playthrough, they affect evenly the tough as much as the weak enemies.

Ah yeah, then drop something on their head ;) I used the puff shrooms on the Lynel but he killed me in a hissy fit. He got frustrated and started randomly lashing out lol. Walking around with one heart to get the desperate strength bonus has its drawbacks :)

It would be better to find two together or lead them to each other and use muddle buds. Let them wear each other down :) Puff shrooms work to break agro as well. Muddle bud before the puff cloud disappears, hide and watch the fun. I wonder how far I can lead a Stalnox etc, should try to get one to fight another mini boss.

This game is absolutely amazing, but if anything, I wonder if it's almost TOO big.

Between the already huge overworld, the equally large Depths, the new shrines, caves, wells, sidequests, and the Sky, it can feel overwhelming at times, I feel like I could play all year and still not have time to complete it.

I think from here on I'll mostly stick to the main questline, just so I actually get around to finishing it before the heat death of the universe lmao

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 June 2023

Ha, that's why I'm compartimentalizing my experience by sticking to the depths for now. Just thinking about all the other stuff to do is overwhelming, so I'll explore the Depths first, then move onto the next game inside this ridiculously large game. It is indeed looking like TotK will keep me busy until 2024...

Today I lured a Frost Stalnox to a full camp of silver Moblins, at least 6 of them. Puffshrooms, muddle buds, a lot of running back and forth to get them all to meet up (and forget about me) and watch the battle. Silver Moblins suck, Stalnox sucks as well. It's like watching a drunken bar fight in slow motion lol. Finally after re-muddle budding the lot 2 dozen times the Stalnox came out on top with barely any damage. The half dozen silver Moblins managed to take less than 10% of the Stalnox's health bar.

I stunned the Stalnox after, bomb to remove his ice shield, then tried to hit it with my best weapons. No observable effect lol. How many hp do those things have, ridiculous. Got to bring two bosses together or maybe I can get the Lynel to fight a boss. He wasn't far from one, gonna be tricky to make that work with how fast Lynels move and can one shot kill me. But once the idea is in my head....

Anyway I reloaded after the Stalnox vs Silver Moblins experiment, got my weapons and resources back, left the Stalnox in peace and took out the Silver Moblin camp in a much more efficient way. (Couple muddle buds, then puff shrooms sneak attack with desperate strength bonus). I guess I can use my vast resources of Zonaite to build the mother of all bombs but that's against my resources vs reward policy. Plus I still have no idea how much Zonaite I'll need, for what :)