By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 25.00%

A Link to the Past 10 41.67%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.33%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 16.67%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.17%

Other 1 4.17%

Total:24
Roma said:
so the next Zelda for WiiU will ditch the linearity of the previous games and go back to basics of the first Zelda which is good but how will the story work if you get to chose witch dungeon you can beat first? I haven't played the first Zeldas so I don't know how the story was told in those games.

anywho doesn't this sound like the rumor we got about Zelda for WiiU last year? coincidence?

Did the first game have a story?! I just went about finding rupees and killing monsters ^^ for 20 years...

It does? I remember that they said the first (forest) temple would be huuuge!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Roma said:
so the next Zelda for WiiU will ditch the linearity of the previous games and go back to basics of the first Zelda which is good but how will the story work if you get to chose witch dungeon you can beat first? I haven't played the first Zeldas so I don't know how the story was told in those games.

anywho doesn't this sound like the rumor we got about Zelda for WiiU last year? coincidence?

Did the first game have a story?! I just went about finding rupees and killing monsters ^^ for 20 years...

lol no story?

It does unless I remember it wrong

it should be huge though with monsters all over the place! they should bring back the monsters that jump down from treas like those they removed from TP

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
DanneSandin said:
Roma said:

lol no story?

it should be huge though with monsters all over the place! they should bring back the monsters that jump down from treas like those they removed from TP

Well it had a story; gather all the 8 pieces of the Triforce of Wisdom, *SPOILER* kill Ganon and save Zelda */SPOILER*

Man I don't even remember those monsters, but I totally agree: moar monzterzzzz!!! Actually, in the original game, they had a lot of enemies!! It seems as if they've only gotten fewer and fewer... =/

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Roma said:
DanneSandin said:
Roma said:

lol no story?

Well it had a story; gather all the 8 pieces of the Triforce of Wisdom, *SPOILER* kill Ganon and save Zelda */SPOILER*

Man I don't even remember those monsters, but I totally agree: moar monzterzzzz!!! Actually, in the original game, they had a lot of enemies!! It seems as if they've only gotten fewer and fewer... =/

probably because there is more work that needs to be done with more advanced models and animations

careful so you don't ruin the story for people lol

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

DanneSandin said:
Cheebee said:

DanneSandin said:

I don't think we'll see 3 console Zeldas on the same system as long as Nintendo is developing it. Maybe if Retro is allowed to make a trilogy...

Yeah, because Retro's known for really putting out a lot of games, fast. ;) I wouldn't count on it.

No, I don't count on it =) But didn't they manage to put out the Metroid Prime series relatively fast?

Yes. The key word being relatively. ;)

Then again, WiiU is a brand new system, and new hardware always take a while to come to terms with. Also, it's far more powerful, meaning the game(s) they work on are going to be more complex and difficult to create. It's going to take a lot more effort and time.

Of course we also don't know what kind of game they're working on. the Primes were all similar, so after the first one, making the sequels was a lot easier, as they already had the engine, assets, and experience. If the game they're making now is something totally new, that would also add a lot to the development time and effort needed.

Anyway, I'm super excited to see what they'll come up with, it's bound to be spectacular! ^_^

*Sorry for going a bit off-topic here, haha.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

I'm wondering if Wind Waker Remake will have a orchestrated soundtrack. To me it does not matter that much but it would be nice.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Hmmmm, lemme see. My Favorite Zelda games, as ranked:

1 - A Link to the Past
2 - The Wind Waker
3 - Twilight Princess
4 - Four Swords Adventures
5 - The Minish Cap
6 - Links Awakening
7 - Oracle of Seasons/Ages
8 - The Legend of Zelda (NES)
9 - Skyward Sword
10 - Ocarina of Time
11 - Phantom Hourglass
12 - The Adventures of Link

1-4 - Love
5-6 - Quite liked
7-8 - Enjoyed
9-12 - Didn't like

sorry, I just didn't like Ocarina, it felt like an ugly, clunky, somewhat less interesting version of Link to the Past with some issues that I won't go into just yet, and Skyward Sword's linearity and controls bugged me. Not to mention they tried for a better, more dire story, but had terrible writing.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

AlphaCielago said:
I'm wondering if Wind Waker Remake will have a orchestrated soundtrack. To me it does not matter that much but it would be nice.

Wasn't the original already orchestrated? At least some of the songs were I think.

Nintendo and PC gamer

great thread, I can't believe we didn't have one already, zelda is the best series ever!

Roma said:
Pavolink said:
Roma said:
I would like to see LTTP remade in full 3D!

Play Ocarina of Time.

are they that much alike? wouldn't know since I haven't played more than an hour or so of LTTP

Ocarina of Time is basically the 3D version of A Link to The Past:

3 dungeons first, obtain Master Sword, dark world (future in OoT), some dungeons, final boss. ALTTP has more dungeons.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile