By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.85M Units & TotK Sells 20.61M Units

Which LEGO Deku Tree set would you build, if you had to choose one?

Ocarina of Time 5 83.33%

Breath of the Wild 1 16.67%

Total:6

Please game freak, PKLG was nice and nostalgic but... I also think smth like that would be even with gold/silver sales... They had 3 years since sun/moon so lets hope for something big. How long did it take for BOTW?

Around the Network
Clank said:
Please game freak, PKLG was nice and nostalgic but... I also think smth like that would be even with gold/silver sales... They had 3 years since sun/moon so lets hope for something big. How long did it take for BOTW?

The sad thing is - Game Freak have perfectly set them up for an innovative take on the franchise. They have Pokemon Let's Go for the younger audience, and they could market the innovative Pokemon to the gamers who fell out of the series or haven't given it a shot yet (just like with Zelda), but they won't do it. I think they'd be too considered about alienating the younger audience, and it seems like Japan might prefer a 2D top down style anyways. 

I think either way Pokemon is going to be up on the Switch but it would be nice if we got a new take on the series. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Clank said:

The sad thing is - Game Freak have perfectly set them up for an innovative take on the franchise. They have Pokemon Let's Go for the younger audience, and they could market the innovative Pokemon to the gamers who fell out of the series or haven't given it a shot yet (just like with Zelda), but they won't do it. I think they'd be too considered about alienating the younger audience, and it seems like Japan might prefer a 2D top down style anyways. 

I think either way Pokemon is going to be up on the Switch but it would be nice if we got a new take on the series. 

Yea I agree, but even with sun/moon they took some risks so who knows...PKLG its not doing good in Japan imo so maybe it means ppl are starting to get bored of the same (or many japanese pokemon fans still didnt buy the switch)

300 hours after starting I have a run in with another animal in BOTW I wasn't aware was in the game this time a Buffalo when exploring some random cliffs it sometimes feels that this game has secret patches that adds in thing.

..almost 400 hrs and I have never seen a buffalo where tf do you find them?

Around the Network
Baddman said:

I saw one in a region near the edge of the map I was just roaming around randomly tbh, it's an area where ther are like these 3 cliffs just off the edge going off into the sea.

Wyrdness said:
Baddman said:

I saw one in a region near the edge of the map I was just roaming around randomly tbh, it's an area where ther are like these 3 cliffs just off the edge going off into the sea.

There are also a fair handful of them in the swampy region near the center of the map: stick to the rivers and you're bound to run into a herd or two.

noname2200 said:
Wyrdness said:

There are also a fair handful of them in the swampy region near the center of the map: stick to the rivers and you're bound to run into a herd or two.

Might want to post a pic of what you are referring to because a some hear "buffalo" and think this: 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/American_bison_k5680-1.jpg

Whereas I think you mean water buffalo.

Nuvendil said:
noname2200 said:

Might want to post a pic of what you are referring to because a some hear "buffalo" and think this: 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/American_bison_k5680-1.jpg

Whereas I think you mean water buffalo.

Good point. And yes, I was referring to the game's water buffalo.

In the next Zelda, I am kind of against this forum:

1. More dungeons - NO - I want lower emphasis on dungeons, they are usually my least favourite part of Zelda games.

2. Building More things - YES - I LOVE the idea of more building and town stuff. Quests and progress about building up cities, like Terranigma or Dragon Quest 9

3. Online functionality - Don't Care - meh, I could take it or leave it. It would only be interesting if there was a reason

4. Ability to repair broken weapons - NO - if it means rebalancing the game so there are fewer weapons to acquire, then a big NO.

5. Less rain/ability to climb in rain - Sure, but not important - sure, maybe some kind of item.

6. New game + or post-game content - NO -  It would be kind of annoying to have stuff locked out of an open world game until after you finish it, so NO.

7. New mounts (e.g., loftwing) - YES - New content is always welcome.

8. Greater emphasis on narrative - NO - I am not sure what this one really means? You mean, make it more linear storytelling? If that is the case, then NO, that is the opposite of what I want to see in Zelda.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.