By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.85M Units & TotK Sells 20.61M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 7 25.93%

A Link to the Past 11 40.74%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 11.11%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 14.81%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 3.70%

Other 1 3.70%

Total:27

Check out this enterprising person who, using putty, plastic, and tweezers, managed to recreate Hyrule from Ocarina of Time on a very, very small scale:

Source

Around the Network

That's pretty impressive!

In what came as a surprise to no one, Nintendo announced today that Majora's Mask 3D is on its way to Nintendo 3DS.

Source: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38931/majoras-mask-3d-announced

So I'm just going to shove this into the face of the Americans here because I'm an *ss. Nah I'm sorry Veknoid, I hope you guys get it too .

Anyway, with this now releasing next year, it really takes me back. Here's a story, I remember it like it was the day before yesterday... Or well, maybe like it was last week or something.

Don't you guys feel old now? I'm talking about those of us that were actually there when the original released.

I mean, we all probably already felt old already when Ocarina 3D released, but Majora's Mask 3D will come even longer after the original than Ocarina 3D did. Next year it will be 15 years. Fifteen years! That's like millenia in gaming terminology. But I got off track again. What I wanted to tell you was this story.

When the original released, my little cousin got it for his birthday. Well, little he was back then, now he's like 20 centimeters taller than me but who keeps score... Anyway, he got it before the actual release date to, because our family had a friend that worked at Nintendo of Benelux, the Dutch/Belgian/Luxembourgian subsidiary of NoE. We always used to get cool things from him, like a Star Fox SNES Demo cart, or even an NES M82 unit, and somehow he managed to get his hands on Majora's Mask a couple days before release and leak it to us. I think him leaking and taking all those things cost him his job some time later, but who were we to complain. We were, naturally, excited like a little pony, and before he could complete the word "Congratulati...", we were upstairs and rammed the cartridge into the Nintendo 64.

With a smile wider than our heads we made our profile and got through the intro of the game. Being amazed along the way, no way could an N64 game look this good. Then, once in Clock Town, we opened up our item subscreen. Strange, we thought, the Ocarina of Time is still there, and usable too, but surely in the cutscene the Skull Kid took it away didn't he? Well, we figured we probably missed something in our excitement. After a short time we found that Link in his new form as a Deku Scrub could do some sort of sliding spin attack. Of course finding this out wasn't exactly hard, just push the A-button, but then it appeared that it would also break some boxes in West Clock Town. "Hey! (no, not 'Listen') A heart came out of that one!" I said. "Let's get it, even though we have a full three hearts already."

... Game Over?

Yes, we died from grapping a recovery heart. Then it dawned on us, pun intended, that there's something wrong with this new cartridge. Especially when we opened up our Masks subscreen and found it completely filled with usable Ocarina's! Twenty-four of them, even in the spots for the Transformation Masks! Our cartridge was glitched somehow. And no matter how many times we reset, it wouldn't matter. Hearts killed you and all you had was a bunch of Ocarina's.

We told the family-friend downstairs, and he took the game back with him to trade it in at Nintendo while feeling a bit disappointed. In hindsight I wish we had kept that cartridge. It was something special for sure, and maybe today, it would have been quite the ultimate challenge to try to beat the game without the ability to recover your life through hearts. If it would have been possible at all. Of course, we'll never know what would happen if we'd grab an new item or a Mask. What would happen to that Ocarina it would replace. A week or so later, when the game actually released, we both got the game. And those cartridges worked like a charm (and still do).

Finally.
I was waiting for years!
Soon I can finally play MM 3D!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

Here's the video!

Majora's Mask 3D will arrive on 3DS in spring 2015.

The game features a similar style to the previously released Ocarina of Time 3D, with improved character models, textures and sound.

Here's a special edition of the game, announced only for Europe at this time. Thanks to S.Peelman for posting this earlier :)

"The large box features all kinds of goodies inside, including a Steelbook cover for the game itself, a pin shaped like the infamous mask and a double sided poster of which the details are foggy as of yet. The pin will come in a fancy, dedicated box wielding the title screen logo, one side of the poster will most likely feature the mask itself as what seems to be an eye is visible, while the other side hints a flash of green, the steelbook will show off the mask as well, and the box which serves the purpose of holding all these items looks gorgeous, as it features the title and young link in front of an extremely atmospheric backdrop."

Source

That special edition looks great!

Can't wait for the game :D

Majora's Mask 3D?? WHO would have guessed?

S.Peelman said:

[...]

So I'm just going to shove this into the face of the Americans here because I'm an *ss. Nah I'm sorry Veknoid, I hope you guys get it too .

Anyway, with this now releasing next year, it really takes me back. Here's a story, I remember it like it was the day before yesterday... Or well, maybe like it was last week or something.

Don't you guys feel old now? I'm talking about those of us that were actually there when the original released.

I mean, we all probably already felt old already when Ocarina 3D released, but Majora's Mask 3D will come even longer after the original than Ocarina 3D did. Next year it will be 15 years. Fifteen years! That's like a millenia in gaming terminology. But I got off track again. What I wanted to tell you was this story.

When the original released, my little cousin got it for his birthday. Well, little he was back then, now he's like 20 centimeters taller than me but who keeps score... Anyway, he got it before the actual release date to, because our family had a friend that worked at Nintendo of Benelux, the Dutch/Belgian/Luxembourgian subsidiary of NoE. We always used to get cool things from him, like a Star Fox SNES Demo cart, or even an NES M82 unit, and somehow he managed to get his hands on Majora's Mask a couple days before release and leak it to us. I think him leaking and taking all those things cost him his job some time later, but who were we to complain. We were, naturally, excited like a little pony, so before he could complete the word "Congratulati...", we were upstairs and rammed the cartridge into the Nintendo 64.

With a smile wider than our heads we made our profile and got through the intro of the game. Being amazed along the way, no way could an N64 game look this good. Then, once in Clock Town, we opened up our item subscreen. Strange, we thought, the Ocarina of Time is still there, and usable too, but surely in the cutscene the Skull Kid took it away didn't he? Well, we probably missed something in our excitement. After a short time we found that Link in his new form as a Deku Scrub could do some sort of sliding spin attack. Of course finding this out wasn't exactly hard, just push the A-button, but then it appeared that it would also break some boxes in West Clock Town. "Hey! (no, not 'Listen') A heart came out of that one!" I said. "Let's get it, even though we have a full three hearts already."

... Game Over?

Yes, we died from grapping a recovery heart. Then it dawned on us, pun intended, that there's something wrong with his new cartridge. Especially when we opened up our Masks subscreen and found it completely filled with usable Ocarina's! Twenty-four of them, even on the spots for the transformation masks! Our cartridge was glitched somehow. And no matter how many times we reset, it wouldn't matter. Hearts killed you and all you had was a bunch of Ocarina's.

We told the family-friend, and he took the game with him, to trade in at Nintendo a bit disappointed. In hindsight I wish we kept that cartridge. It was something special for sure, and maybe today, it would have been quite the challenge to try to beat the game without the ability to recover your life through hearts. If it would have been possible. Of course, we'll never know what would happen if we'd grab an item or a Mask. What would happen to that Ocarina it would replace. A week or so later, when the game actually released, we both got the game. And those cartridges worked like a charm (and still do).

@photo: I'm dying of envy over here. I want that special edition so badly!

@story: that's a great story. It would be cool to try to beat the game with that handicap. Kind of like the ultimate master quest  

I still remember talking to my friends in high school after Majora's Mask came out. They would go back and forth with each other, bragging about how many masks they had found :)