By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Favorite video game soundtracks?

The Legend of Zelda series really has the best soundtrack ever!
Mega Man 2 rocks!!
Xenoblade is just awesome.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Zelhawks37 said:
curl-6 said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Majora said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Xenoblade, Xenogears, FF9, Arc Rise Fantasia, LoZ Skyward Sword, TWEWY, Kid Icarus Uprising, Star Ocean 2.

I'm glad someone mentioned Skyward Sword. It is a stunning soundtrack and very under rated.

That boss theme, heaven for my ears. Also, the best Zelda's Lullaby in the series IMO. Of course, the soundtrack wouldn't be complete without an epic final boss theme.

Which one?

Although I liked the other one, this one is one of the best boss themes I ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzL4IA16k78

Nice link that boss battle does sound very epic.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Spyro: Year of the Dragon is my favourite videogame soundtrack ever. Stewart Copeland made every piece just fit in perfectly with the exaggerated, colourful worlds that Insomniac were creating. It also helps that the game itself was as perfect as any game I have ever played.

(My favourite song)

Special mentions to: Final Fantasy VIII; Super Mario Galaxy; LittleBigPlanet.

I love video game soundtracks more than every day popular music these days. 

Shadow of the Collossus (Intro Music)

Always loved Halo soundtracks but they've almost outdone themselves with the new direction. Halo 4 - Spartan 117

There are so many others. I'll share over time or we can start an ongoing thread. 

Red dead redemption, GTA:vice city and castlevania:sotn, especially requiem for the gods

Around the Network

Finally a good thread lol

Xenoblade (Opening Theme, You Shall Know Our Name, One Who Stands In Our Way, Engage the Enemy, While I Think etc.) and Super Mario Galaxy (both games) are certainly on top.

FFX as well as Skyward Sword deserves a mention. I'm amazed someone mentioned my under-rated one, though. Year Of The Dragon is such a great game, made better by the music.

What happened to my childhood hero...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

For some reason I really like sad OST's, this is one of the best IMO

Bristow9091 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I think most RPG's have great soundtracks but my favorite to date is Final Fantasy 10's soundtrack.

We should be friends.

Add him then :D

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords