By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect Fans Strike Back at Reporter

Cooper Lawrence, the Fox News reporter who broke the story of the  (se)Xbox and Mass Effect just got 500 new reviews on her book "The Cult of Perfection"

Here are some clips of the reviews that can be found on amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/review/product/1599211793/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt/102-0947801-0532904?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

"There some chapters in this book that leave me wondering whether she does any research at all. I'm also quite disappointed that Mrs. Lawrence would use sex appeal (the cover) to sell her book. Whether she realizes it or not there are a lot of kids in book stores today that will see this and get the wrong impression."

"Image means a lot Mrs. Lawrence, and you are damaging the youth of America. "

"It may be true that I haven't actually read this book, but after watching her bash a really good game. I realized that people don't need to actually play, read, or watch things to review them. "

"If you do purchase the book, I urge you strongly not to leave it idly where little hands can find it. The latest research clearly shows young readers are incalculably and permanently scarred by oversexualized images in books and other media. "

Update - Total reviews went from 512 to 499... maybe amazon is deleting them?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

I love it when people piss off gamers without realizing that they're attacking the most internet-savvy group of individuals around.

Prepare for a backlash, Mrs. Lawrence.

*grabs popcorn*

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
I love it when people piss off gamers without realizing that they're attacking the most internet-savvy group of individuals around.

*grabs popcorn*

That, and there are hundreds of millions of us (most over the age of 13 :p)

rocketpig said:

*grabs popcorn*

Gamers are amusing, btards are even more so. The two groups do overlap somewhat though.

I contributed and added a review of my own. People like her really disgust me.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

Around the Network

lol, they removed all of the reviews!

This is hilarious!

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

twesterm said:

time to start reviewing again

I left a review... hopefully it makes it up there

twesterm said:

The only bad part is that this will convice her that gamers are brainwashed attack dogs. Oh well.

And they wonder why youth don't watch TV news anymore. 

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.