By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3rd Quarter Results (Oct-Dec) - Profit of over 450 million US

Vinniegambini said:

Nintendo always releases their 3rd quarter results at 4:00pm in Japan (after stock market closes). Expect the results at 1:00 am eastern standard time.

Oh God! That's near 5am here in Brazil... no sleep time this night lol.

Around the Network

3 more hours to go...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
ethomaz said:

Vinniegambini said:

Nintendo always releases their 3rd quarter results at 4:00pm in Japan (after stock market closes). Expect the results at 1:00 am eastern standard time.

Oh God! That's near 5am here in Brazil... no sleep time this night lol.

Just set your alarm to go off early.

@TripleMMM More like 14 hours.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

@postofficebuddy: O, snap! you're right. Somehow I mixed up the AM/PM! That rarely happens with me... -_-'

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Waiting for Nintendi GFK charts.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
Profit for quarter? Absolutely, no one should even be questioning that. Profit for year? That's the question. WiiU and 3DS are below expectations while Wii and DS are selling above. WiiU is selling at a loss, so in some respects that may be a good thing. But the news for the quarter should be good.

How are the Wii and DS selling above expectations?  They need 5 and 2.5 million respectively to hit Nintendo's forecasts.

In the first two quarters they were at

Wii: 1.32 million
DS: 0.98 million

VGC sell-through for the third quarter was

Wii: 1.909 million
DS: 1.557 million

If we look at the last two years, we see a trend that the DS ships less than the sell through for the holiday quarter, and the Wii is about even.

2011 sold/shipped
Wii: 5590k/5610k
DS: 2488k/2060k

2010 sold/shipped
Wii: 8757k/8750k
DS: 9230k/9010k

So with that information, we can surmise that the Wii will be at 3.23 million after three quarters and the DS around 2.28 million.  We can probably expect 300k or less for the fourth quarter for both of them.  The Wii has absolutely no chance of reaching its forecast much less beating it.  The DS will probably meet it's forecast with a decent chance of beating it.  However it isn't a sure thing.  Of course this is all based on VGC numbers, so the actual story could be completely different.

5 hours to go.

yeah 3ds sales were incredibly good and the wii u was not too bad during the first 1 and a half months of its launch.

I predict total shipments to be

DS-154 m
Wii-99.9 m
3DS-30m
Wii U-2.8m

newwil7l said:
I predict total shipments to be

DS-154 m
Wii-99.9 m
3DS-30m
Wii U-2.8m

I'm thinking along those lines as well. Soon :)